Stock market

right.
But a long way from 600,000%
Thats what these guys turned in 7 days without getting out of the chair...

I turn $500 in $4800 because I thought it was funny. I really regret not making that 5,000 or 50,000

right.
But a long way from 600,000%
Thats what these guys turned in 7 days without getting out of the chair...

I turn $500 in $4800 because I thought it was funny. I really regret not making that 5,000 or 50,000

By no means having a pissing match here. But in all honesty how much is enough?

But in all honesty how much is enough?
I don't know.
I ain't got there yet. When I do Ill tell ya.

College is expensive. And Momma dont earn an income. And animals eat a lot.

:D

I'm not excusing the bullshit that Robinhood or other trading apps are doing. So don't take it as that.

I just don't think praising the guys who are pumping the stock up unnaturally is a very good idea.

Should this be allowed to play out? Probably.

Do i think what they did is wrong and is hurting more than just big wig hedge fund guys. Yes. I do.

I think access to trading stocks by "common folk" with a phone has turned every internet hero into a broker over night. Some good things come with that, and some bad things come with that. We can get into the nuances of someone actually having good practical advice on allocation of money and assets, but for most of my life i invested in an FJ40 and multiple buggies. Doubtful I'm qualified to have the conversation.
Groups of people buy up stock and drive its price up for many reasons every single day. Some reasons have lasting merit and some don't. Who's to say what is natural or unnatural? Other groups gamble and short stocks all day too. For thousands of reasons. No one really calls them on it.

This just further proved what any common sense thinking person already knew

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

It’s interesting to me that some of the biggest investors seem to be prioritizing taking down the hedges more than personal gain. After all, if they sell high and cash out, the stock price goes down and the hedge funds make money again. The fact that these folks have (obstensibly) committed to holding with millions in their account is pretty fn badass IMO. Not that I can really empathize though, I’d rather work with tangible things than get my head into all that math even I did have money to invest. I don’t know much, but hedge funds seem like huge parasites, so this is fun to watch.

It’s interesting to me that some of the biggest investors seem to be prioritizing taking down the hedges more than personal gain. After all, if they sell high and cash out, the stock price goes down and the hedge funds make money again. The fact that these folks have (obstensibly) committed to holding with millions in their account is pretty fn badass IMO. Not that I can really empathize though, I’d rather work with tangible things than get my head into all that math even I did have money to invest. I don’t know much, but hedge funds seem like huge parasites, so this is fun to watch.
Yep...and watching SOFI CeO, calling a spade a spade...and then when he was accused of COI...he cashed out GME and AMC and gave all profits and initials to St judes...then went back on tv and said he still feels the same....granted he's a billionaire so 5mm ain't much....but was cool.

At its opening price, Rivian is already worth more than automakers Ford and GM.[/I]

As far as I'm concerned the dinner I'm about to eat is worth more that Ford and GM.

So inflation is a bit crazy right now

but overall my portfolio is up just over 20% overall this year, at least it is protecting me some.

I could retire on 20% gains per year.
So long as inflation is 15%/year or less ;)

So inflation is a bit crazy right now

but overall my portfolio is up just over 20% overall this year, at least it is protecting me some.

I could retire on 20% gains per year.
I have no idea what my real money looks like, that's someone else's job to keep up with. My Robinhood is up 46% on the year though. I like playing the volatility of the oil market and have had a lot of good days lately!

I have no idea what my real money looks like, that's someone else's job to keep up with.

You're probably up 20-25%, because that's what the DJI, S&P, and NQ have done YTD.

You're probably up 20-25%, because that's what the DJI, S&P, and NQ have done YTD.
Maybe. I've got at least 20 years to go before I start looking at it and trying to figure out if I have enough to retire on. Or I'll just work til I die like everyone else in my family 🤣

Just clicking through this morning. If you want to play this game this should be your next book to read. It’s 100 years old now. But it all still applies. It’s all happened. It’ll all happen again.

image.jpg

Apple has been quietly working on Their autonomous electric vehicle. Will probably debut in 2025. More for business use, than personal.
if they were working on it quietly you wouldn't know about it.

Back