stolen home-made canoe...please help!!!

chuckwhut

this was originally posted on a site by my friend dave, and i want to help because this sucks!!!

Ok so my dad builds boats....he recently spent the last 2.5-3 years building this canoe. He had pretty much finished it about a month and a half ago and was still doing some finishing work on it. He had only enough time to put it in one show, and take it out on the water once......

well he went on a camping trip over thanksgiving weekend with the canoe on a trailor and he was somewhere past the SC borderone his way back to atlanta where he lives and a car flagged him down and said the canoe had fallen off about 20 miles back. The guy that flagged them down said it survived in good shape, so my dad turned around to try to find it and drove around for two hours up and down the same 20-30 stretch of interstate. He did the same the next day....the point is my dad really was attached to his latest artistic venture

So what i am asking is, and i know this is a long shot, if everyone can keep their eyes and ears open....just in case.....i told my dad i would try to help him track down his boat and i know that myspace reaches alot of people...here is a picture and my dad's description of the boat.......

REPOST AWAY IF YOU CARE TO HELP

ai6.photobucket.com_albums_y212_iriedublbc_dadsboat.jpg

ai6.photobucket.com_albums_y212_iriedublbc_DAdsboat2.jpg

AND HERE IS A DESCRIPTION WRITTEN BY MY DAD:
David,

Below is what I posted on the Wooden Boat Forum:

Last night (November 26) My recently completed 13.5
foot Lapstrake canoe came off our trailer on I-85
southbound in the area between the GA/SC border and
milepost 155.

The canoe is a 13.5 foot McGregor with a white hull
and wood interior. The breast hooks have a dark
rosewood strip on the centerline.

A passing motorest flagged us down around 20 miles
from where the canoe landed. The canoe survived
intact. We could not locate the canoe in the dark and
by daylight it was gone.

Any assistance in locating my boat would be greatly
appreciated. Those of you who have taken the plunge
know how personal a boat is when you have built it

Heart Broken in Atlanta
Mick Herron

please help me help him...

k thanks

If it fell off the trailor..Id hardly call it stolen...still sux for your dad, its a pretty canoe..hope he finds it.

this may be true, but the way i was raised if you take something that isnt yours, you stole it. and the boat is gone, i doubt i walked away, so i thought i'd type stolen. by the way, just to clarify...this boat belongs to a friend of mines father, not mine, i reposted it for him to try to help. thanks everybody! you guys are awesome!

damn, that sux. pretty boat, and no doubt alot of hard work. how far did they look for it off the road? running 60-70mph(i'm assuming) down the hwy. i doubt it would stay too close by.

good luck with it.

If it was on the road or even the side the state DOT may have picked it up. might try contacting them at the least. Also the police in that area may have at least logged seeing it.

But I agree it may be very well stolen, I droped a hand held radio out of my jeep turning a corner and it landed in the center of the intersection and in the .02 sec it took me to pull off some AssHat saw it and had stoped and was running out after it.. I called him a name and he took off..

anyway... hope you find it.. looks like a lot of hard work.

Back