Stories from 2012 URE opening weekend

BigClay

Knower of useless ZJ things
So I wasn't able to be there so post up some stories from the weekend (yes we all know there was a lot of people throwing trash on the trail, so besides that).

I read some where that a Grand Cherokee was left on Kodak? What happened? There is always some carnage opening weekend from people trying our their new _______.

There are 2 stories that stick out in my head with the jamboree.
Towards the end of the day on Saturday everyone was packing up and this guy comes up and ask if someone had a 1st aid kit. I did and he sai dI droped my bowie knife and it cut his ankle. Got him cleaned up and preped for him to go to the doctor to get stiches. it was not a long gash but it was deep and wide and did not wan to stop bleeding. I hope he is doing well. I do not know if he is on this site or not.

2nd story. Polaris had their vehicles you can test drive on a course Scott made. I got to ride the rzr and it was fun. Towards the end I did a nice sideways jump that had the polaris peeps impressed. After I got done there were these 2 Taylor swift looking girls (tall, extremely skinny, cowboy boots, 16 yr old looking) They drove the rzr after me. somehow in that next 30 minutes they about totaled it. Wrecked it in the woods into some barbwire and debris. I saw it came back headlight missing and the front wheel was sideways. Those girls disappeared, but they did have to sign a wavor and put down a phone number, so I guess daddy is not going to be happy.

O yeah the only other thing was this creepy guy in a vest trying to help me across the road to the outpost. o_O

The jeep on Kodak should have been deemed an obstacle... Parking my Yoda on top of that would have been a photo opportunity....

Helped him load up at the outpost he flooded it in the mud pit up to the windows

I know him. He posted a bunch of pics on his FB page about it. That was in the hole that i do not like to play in anymore.

As we were leaving Kodak and coming down rocky mount on the side that leads to the bridge right off 553. I had both of my rear coils pop out. I looked like a low rider coming down the trail. Thanks to Jason, Joe, Jimmy and a few others I can't remember there names, we got them back in!!

Sent from my microwave using a teleportation device.

first time at uwharrie. stuck to the bunny slopes, but still had fun. alot of nice and helpful people. if it wasn't for having to drive it back to charlotte i would have liked to see what a stock k5 on 33's could do

As we were leaving Kodak and coming down rocky mount on the side that leads to the bridge right off 553. I had both of my rear coils pop out. I looked like a low rider coming down the trail. Thanks to Jason, Joe, Jimmy and a few others I can't remember there names, we got them back in!!

Sent from my microwave using a teleportation device.

Jeremy,s new name is officially Spring Spitter! Only guy Ive ever seen loose both rear springs at one time, awesome! That was Jeff and John, the juggy bro,s Great guys.

We made it all the way up Daniel in Rons fj buggy without passing anyone on the trails.... Wasn't that crowded at all. We hung around with some good friends at Kodak and headed back over to the Jambo. Looks to be a great season, the trails appear to be getting harder, but well taken care of.

We got stuck at the bottom of the hill on Dutch John for about 2 hours Sat night. The woods and parking lots were pretty red on Sat night. Glad we camped at Arrowhead. On Sunday afternoon we saw a dude riding around on a 4x4 4wheeler wearing waders with no shirt or anything. That was interesting...

Also saw a plastic bumper of some nature floating in the one mud pit at the start of Falls Dam. Thought that was pretty funny.

Didn't get to ride the trails any as I was at our booth the whole time but there was one interesting fellow who seemed to have split personalities. He decided to check out our roof top tent demo and hold a conversation with himself for a good 20 min.

Any body check out daniel im wondering what the ledges look like I would have checked them out but I was riding passenger with a couple jeeps one was a stock tj with an inexperienced driver so no dice. We did cruise wolfsden dickybell slabpile rml just to see the sights stopped at poser rock and hung out at kodak for awhile no crazy stories just a good time in uwharrie but next weekend were bringing out the big trucks and gona play hard on sat.oh does anyone know who owns the huge yellow flatfender truggy with chevy tons I think he was with Carolina jeepsters

First ledge is nasty wet. Doable dry. I could not do that ledge Saturday Morning. After I winched up a guy in a TJ with his girl was turning around to go out. He blew a hole in his radiator 2" x 6" long! Had a brand new motor in it too. Would not nurse it back so I towed him back to his friends at the Jamboree on my trailer after I helped get him back to Cotton Place. Educated a lot of people about the illegal by-passes on Daniel while my friends xj was dead from a dead fuel pump. After Lunch I was able to do the ledge with some effort. Second ledge is no problem for me.

Man Wish i could haev met up with you guys on daniel saturday man. I know when we hiked it back in Feburary it looked nasty!

First ledge is nasty wet. Doable dry. I could not do that ledge Saturday Morning. After I winched up a guy in a TJ with his girl was turning around to go out. He blew a hole in his radiator 2" x 6" long! Had a brand new motor in it too. Would not nurse it back so I towed him back to his friends at the Jamboree on my trailer after I helped get him back to Cotton Place. Educated a lot of people about the illegal by-passes on Daniel while my friends xj was dead from a dead fuel pump. After Lunch I was able to do the ledge with some effort. Second ledge is no problem for me.

I was in the 40 that helped ya'll out... Glad everything worked out and he could get the TJ back to Bragg...

well we had a good weekend and got to meet some new and great folks!! had my brothers jeep overheat on us twice and had my transfer case lock up on me but other than that was a great weekend.

daniel ledge was same as last year did it in the sami and a bone stock tj saterday after the rain just have to go for it

I know him. He posted a bunch of pics on his FB page about it. That was in the hole that i do not like to play in anymore.

yea I towed him home he made a pvc pipe snorkel but water got in his tank =[ it burnt up his fuel pump but everything else worked just a little wet hes throwing a new pump in it and me and him are going back out to ure next month

yea I towed him home he made a pvc pipe snorkel but water got in his tank =[ it burnt up his fuel pump but everything else worked just a little wet hes throwing a new pump in it and me and him are going back out to ure next month

I know he said something about the PCM and trans / transfer also. How are those doing now ?

I know he said something about the PCM and trans / transfer also. How are those doing now ?
he just texted me and he says its turning over good now just waiting for a new pump
the pcm got soaked but i think he said its ok
but something about the bellhousing is seperating from the tranny??!?!! not 100% sure what he said

Back