Suggestion

Reid

Hasnt Seen Dirt in Years
Not too often i come up with good ideas....lol, and not claiming this one is either but,

I realized today that i forget who lives near me on here. Why is this beneficial?

Sometimes i may need to ask an area specefic question i.e. where the best place in town to buy muffler bearings is.

knowing who to contact if i need to bum a ride to URE (or home from URE, depending on how bad the day went).

Knowing who is near me to help wire up my new rock neons.

Something less selfish of me, maybe an underage user who is looking for a sponsor. They have a better chance if they are in a local section of the forum. run into someone who knows them, or is atleast close enough to jerk a knot in the back of their head.

a place to arrange local meet and greets or garage sales.

Maybe divide it like
South East NC
North East NC
Extreme Western NC
Western NC
Southern NC
Central NC
Triad NC

or like craigslist, a section for major cities Raleigh/Durham, GSO/HP/WS, Hickory, Asheboro, Asheville, CLT, Wilmington etc...

or not...maybe its too much work. there are already so many changes and new things going on here.

preeshi8 the hard work.

We used to have a google map with screen names stuck to it. It was in Chat... several years ago, though. I think it might have even been a sticky for a while.

If we could find and resurrect it, that might serve a similar purpose.

Possibly.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/

check out their regional section.

i know that with a nationwide demographic it makes more sense to have dedicated regional sections, i just thought it would be useful here as well.

thats a pretty good idea BigRed. i could see it being especially beneficial for us younger guys that arent as in the loop as you guys who've been around longer. itd be a good way for folks to get to know others in their area and to give a few names of who they could get ahold of if they needed help on a project or something similar.

where is that thread that DRaider started about phone #s and such if you needed help?(stuck, broke, etc..) we could finish that and just go by county.

what about us farts that are in two areas?

URE and LKN?

btw - the FKN in my location is for Fake Norman and yall know why - (two meanings really)

Just FYI... I'm automatically biased against anything that involves creating more subforums.

That's not to say there are good reasons for adding new ones... just that we have enough of them now that the bar is getting higher.

Just FYI... I'm automatically biased against anything that involves creating more subforums.

or not...maybe its too much work. there are already so many changes and new things going on here.
preeshi8 the hard work.

:beer:

what about us farts that are in two areas?

URE and LKN?

btw - the FKN in my location is for Fake Norman and yall know why - (two meanings really)

yeah. thats my point. there is a search feature in the member list. but unless everyone has filled it out, and spelled it correctly, no slang and no BS then the search feature is pointless.

by the way, i know there are many members from Winston Salem, but using the search feature brings 0 results.

Me
Your Hot Dog Guy
Caver Dave
GranZJ
16_Sahara08

these are just the ones i can think of the top of my head that have winston salem listed as their location, and still 0 results.

Back