Summer vacation destinations ???

Rockeater

We are going to Disney World for 9 days, then on the Disney cruise ship for 3 days, the middle of August. We went 3 years ago and this will prolly be the last time our son is a "child" and really enjoy the magic of Disney, being he'll be 9 yrs old by this August. Two years from now we are looking at Africa. I'm already saving for that one. :)

So where are YOU going for vacation (besides wheeelin) this year ?

JB

Wheeling, I neither have the time off of work, nor the money to do those type of vacations.

Rob said:
Wheeling, I neither have the time off of work, nor the money to do those type of vacations.

I guess that $40k towrig and trailer payments aren't exactly cheap are they ? But it's a VERY nice towig Rob. Remember I only have an old carhauler and it's payed for.

Only way we can afford to do stuff like that is by saving our tax return money, furniture market rooom rental money, yearly yard sale money, and kickin $50 a month each of us into a "vacation" savings account. Then every OTHER year or so we have the $ to make it happen.

JB

I just don't have the vacation time. 2 weeks a year means I have to budget my vacation. Plus the plane flights to MI for the kids every year to visit the late wife's family. We're happy with our wheeling and camping vacations. I hate amusement parks anyways.

Rockeater said:
Only way we can afford to do stuff like that is by saving our tax return money,

JB
What's this "tax refund" you speak of? I get slowly bent over every year for at least 2 to 3k. I hope Moab is my vaction destination this year for a couple of weeks.

JB heres a tip, adjust your witholdings and then do somthing slighlt more productive with YOUR money than let Uncle same hang to it for you then 'give' it back to you around april..

Vaca - usually go back home to NY to visit family, ocean etc.. but jeep trips are vacation for me...

God, ya'll some high rollers. I got no tow rig/trailer or extended vacations. Did do Disney with my kids 3 days this year, 5 and 7 yr old and they loved it.

Just a hunch, but I'd probably say back to the beach house just as I have for the last umpteen years. About all I can afford.

upnover said:
Just a hunch, but I'd probably say back to the beach house just as I have for the last umpteen years. About all I can afford.

Beach house Chip !? NICE ! All I got is a pop-up camper, but I can take it to Disney World or the beach or Tellico, etc.

I'm glad some other folks spoke up, I was worried this thread was a bummer with everyone first saying 'no money'. How can you afford to wheel with no money ? We just SAVE for 2 years and then take a NICE vacation every other year. The other years I get to do more wheeling trips. :)

J(penny pincher)B

PS Disney RULES !!!!

We're taking enough cash to buy a nice set of portals, and going on a honeymoon to the Bahamas. Ahh well, ya only live once....and it's mostly her money anyway. ;)

Other than that, wheeling IS my vacation.

Disney is overrated IMO. But I guess I'm not a kid anymore. If we can't possibly get hurt, drive something fast or powerful, or get scars from it, it's not our cup of tea...

LARRY SMITH said:
I plan to go to Colorado to wheel again this year.

COOL! Where are you going? Got anything in particular in mind?

We're flying out in...... August, I think. Probably do some rental-car wheeling in the San Juans, but that's all.

I'm still kicking around the idea of doing the big CO/UT road trip again this fall, but we'll probably wait until next year.

Co

Buena Vista (Carnage Canyon), Alamosa, and then see whats left. I intend to wheel every day.

Have fun. There's plenty enough around there to keep you busy for weeks. Hell, I've spent many a day just riding around on mining roads, enjoying the scenery.

LARRY SMITH said:
Buena Vista (Carnage Canyon), Alamosa, and then see whats left. I intend to wheel every day.

Beautiful country out there. Never wheeled when I was there in CO but did lots of skiing, sex, drugs and rock-n-roll. :) Guess that explains alot now. :p
I'm jealous Larry. Take lots-o-pics ! One year I hope to make it back out there with the Jeep next time.

JB

all i have planned is 2-3 weeks in november to go elk hunting in new mexico and then to wheel moab. i would like to do something this summer as well but nothing has turned up. i dont think i have ever planned a vacation for over a month, moab is an exception! i would like to go to dc to the smithsonian for a few days, does that count?

Vacation this year is chillin in the beach in Wilmington once I get my new apartment...and on July 4th takin a trip across the puddle to Berlin, Germany for a month or so..

Rod

Here in 3 days I will leave for Fla. to relax and see relatives. Then it is back to the grind till the end of July when, like everyone else, I too will be going to Colorado. I will be hiking and climbing for two weeks!!

stone said:
all i have planned is 2-3 weeks in november to go elk hunting in new mexico and then to wheel moab. i would like to do something this summer as well but nothing has turned up. i dont think i have ever planned a vacation for over a month, moab is an exception! i would like to go to dc to the smithsonian for a few days, does that count?

Where in New Mexico Reed ? That's my home state !!! Mom and Dad are still there. They send me red and green chili car packages every so often.

JB

Me and the GF spending 9 days at Cape Hatteras flounder gigging at night and 3-4 days offshore over the week of the 4th of July. Relaxing in paradise, being able to drive away from everyone and swimming neekid. WooHoo

Hye JB, Susan and I just got back from there Sunday night, flew into El Paso, drove to T or C. Chili peppers are fresh and everything I ate had them. Cruses hasn't changed a bit, and neither has T or C.

Back