SUV tow rigs???

mmmkay325

Aight gonna be kinda of noob for a min, but other than like a diesel 3/4 ton etc truck....whatkinda of suv's would make a decent tow rig for the xj. I'm lookin' at an SUV because it would fit more of the 90% needs for a new vehicle...but I prefer to tow with it every now and again and not kill it. So what suv's should I look for out there that would be stout enough to tow the xj around without killing it, but still be a nice daily driver. Sorry for the noobness, but just throw out some names that you would tow with. Thanks guys

#1 aight isnt alright...see previous discussions :D

#2 Good SUV tow rigs
Best : Ford Exscursion Diesel (Diesel nuff said)
Next: 3/4 ton Suburban
Acceptable with a little work: Tahoe/Yukon/ and presumably the Expedition but I have no expereince

Possibly some of the larger asian SUVs (Armada,whatever Toyota calls their biggest today) but I have never tried nor seen either of these

forget about
exploder
durango
blazer/trail blazer
grand cherokee
liberty
sport trac
murano
etc.

Expeditions can tow pretty decently. My mom had one she towed her tractors around with and she never had a problem. Other than that he pretty much covered it.

ShyHiK5 said:
Possibly some of the larger asian SUVs (Armada,whatever Toyota calls their biggest today) but I have never tried nor seen either of these

Working at a Toyota dealership I've gotta point this out...The Armada is a Nissian, the Sequoia is Toyota's biggest SUV other than the Land Cruiser.:D

what the liberty is out?!?!?!....naw seriously though, thanks for the input that's just what i was lookin' for. Appreciate it, aight:huggy:

Make ya a deal on my 2002 Excursion Diesel 4x4! Tows 11k... etc. (I need pickup I have decided so I can put bike in back and tow camper to beach)

Sam

Depending on what your towing. a Grand Wagoneer is a decent puller in good shape

I have an Excursion with the V-10 and it tows my jeep and trailer great!

I got about 9 miles to the gallon towing the jeep to Uwharrie and about 11.5 not towing the jeep.

I have 4.30 gears in the axles from the factory.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v214_nhodierne_X_bus.jpg

:D

I towed my jeep with an expedition for years, as long as you have the factory towing package with leveling bags on it, it does ok. Make sure it has the 5.4 ltr.

Back