Sway bar quick release.

Stump

Dose anyone make a quick release front sway bar for 1990 Chevy/GMC 1500 P/U trucks? I have seen them on some jeeps. they look like they would work great. If any of y'all have used them, howed they work, good ,bad, and is it even worth the trouble?:confused:

not worth the trouble... you're not gonna get enough travel out of the ifs to even notice it

i took the bar off of the ffront of my old s10 blazer, and did notice somewhat of an improvement, but due to the design of the bar, it would have been dang near impossible to build disconnects for it, since the only mounting was four rubber bushings directly around the bar

my cherokee on the other hand has links attaching the swaybar to the axle, making it easy to replace this peice with a disconnectable link

now if the suspension on a fullsize truck is way different than an s10, i guess ive wasted your time, disregard this

awspence said:
now if the suspension on a fullsize truck is way different than an s10, i guess ive wasted your time, disregard this

thanks, I am thinking about removing the rod and bushing from one side and seeing what if any differance it makes.

Back