SWR? Is it worth it?

dlcrawler12

So we just finally installed a CB in my Dads 4 runner. We got a 3 ft tune-able fire stick, and a midland CB. We didn't buy and SWR meter to tune it, because we weren't sure if it was worth it. Does it really make it that much better? if so, could we maybe use one at the next ride to tune it? Thanks for the help.

You got a Great antenna, but it may need to be tuned. That could save blowing out a CB, too. 3' is ok, but I found a lot better reception, with the 4'. I also run a Spring, at the bottom of the stick, to keep from breaking it.

I'm wrong, sorry! Should have measured twice, before operating mouth. My Firestick, IS 3'. The one I started with was a 2', which was too short. The 3' works fine!

Last edited:
So we just finally installed a CB in my Dads 4 runner. We got a 3 ft tune-able fire stick, and a midland CB. We didn't buy and SWR meter to tune it, because we weren't sure if it was worth it. Does it really make it that much better? if so, could we maybe use one at the next ride to tune it? Thanks for the help.

I'll bring my SWR meter to the June 23rd ride and can tune it in about 10 to 15 min

I'l gladly pay ya a few bucks to tune mine as well. Lemme know. It'll be a Black tj.

No need to pay me, I got my value out of the thing more than once over.
I plan to get there around 8:45 for anyone that wants to use it, (Have to drop my son off before coming)

Just look for this thing:

IMG_8594.JPG

Back