SXS track-width?

Lurch830

messin' with sasquatch
Might not be considered technical info, so feel free move if needed....I'd like to get some real world numbers of the track width measurements for side by sides. I can find overall width, but my google-fu doesn't seem to come up with anything for track-width...even better would be center to center, inner sidewall to inner sidewall & outer sidewall to outer sidewall.

The reason is I want to build a bridge over a ~20' gap in a pond dam that was busted/drained ~15 years ago. I need to get my riding mower to the other side to mow & keep the snakes down and it'd be nice to get my four wheeler back there for deer retrieval (hopefully). I want to position the girders so they carry the majority of the weight for what I have now and anything I get in the future. Plus some of my neighbors have side by sides so it'd be nice to not have anyone roll off the side & drop ~10'.

TIA,
Brandon

Make it wide enough for a Stock TJ.... @shawn .

Make it wide enough for a Stock TJ.... @shawn .

IIRC, the wide track models are basically the same width as a TJ. Or just take the out/out max width number and subtract 8" to get closer to the centerline of the tire.

IIRC, the wide track models are basically the same width as a TJ. Or just take the out/out max width number and subtract 8" to get closer to the centerline of the tire.
That makes sense...feel bad for not even thinking of that!

72" should get 99% of SXS models through
72" as the overall width right? Not too worried about overall width since I was going to put 8' cross ties/floor beams with some kind of guard rail.

I think until I get the (cousin Eddie voice) "dam path" cleared to start building a more permanent solution, I may just pick up a couple railroad ties, cut the ends off at an angle and put some 8' 2x8s to cross the stream where its 2-3' wide. That will only work when its dry though, but I've got to do something since the grass/weeds out there are getting close to knee high.

Just save the bridge money and buy a faster SXS.

Just save the bridge money and buy a faster SXS.

Surprised you didn't suggest building a Duke's of Hazzard style jump or burning it all down!

Back