Tacoma SAS in progress

NCYota4x4

Started on the Taco SAS this weekend. I'm using the kit from FROR and a D44 and front springs from an 82 waggy thanks to Clayton for the axle and springs and Miles for the steering box. More pics to come....
ai123.photobucket.com_albums_o307_SSIROK99_SAS6.jpg

ai123.photobucket.com_albums_o307_SSIROK99_SAS5.jpg

ai123.photobucket.com_albums_o307_SSIROK99_SAS4.jpg

ai123.photobucket.com_albums_o307_SSIROK99_SAS2.jpg

ai123.photobucket.com_albums_o307_SSIROK99_SAS.jpg

thanks man. i think those springs will work great. i still need to get a few things to finish it up....tie rod, drag link, shock hoops, shocks, oil pan, and steering shaft. but that stuff is very soon to come.

Somebody in the background looks like they maybe tired:lol:
Keep the pics updated.

haha...yeah. i'll definitely keep em updated.

Got all the IFS mounts cut off and the spring hangers welded up tonight.

ai123.photobucket.com_albums_o307_SSIROK99_SAS7.jpg

ai123.photobucket.com_albums_o307_SSIROK99_SAS8.jpg

Got the springs hung tonight. Still got some grinding to do on the frame.

ai123.photobucket.com_albums_o307_SSIROK99_SAS11.jpg

ai123.photobucket.com_albums_o307_SSIROK99_SAS12.jpg

lookin good. so far i am enjoying my SAS 1st gen runner :)

if you dont mind my asking. how much is this swap going to cost. my brother has my old taco and wants to SAS it

thanks man. as far as the cost, i quit counting honestly b/c i didn't wanna see the final figure. If i had to guess, i'd say about $3k-$4k all together. I had to piece my kit together b/c at the time, the only complete kit was All-Pro's coilover kit, but i didn't wanna go that way. I just saw this morning, where SKY-Manufacturing just came out with a complete kit minus axle for just under $2k. Includes everything you need....all the steering components, crossmemebers, shackles, bushings, oil pan, brake lines, etc....

nah, he hasn't got it yet. he's suppose to come get it saturday afternoon. you don't know anybody that's got a 2.7L T100 oil pan and pickup tube do ya? or where i can get one fairly cheap?

aight, cool man. i might stop by there this weekend.

thanks wayne. i appreciate it. stop by this weekend if you want man. just gimme a call and make sure i'm there. more than likely, i will be.

just picked up my IFS box and steering shaft today. thanks miles. Welding the spring perches on and bolting the axle in tomorrow. IFS box mount should be here tomorrow too.

Hard to tel lfrom a pic, but I'm wondering about that shackle angle... it looks awefully inboard? You'll want to be sure it's alot more outboard once you put weight on it, any idea how long the springs are loaded? just a thought.

i was noticing the same thing. really won't be able to tell until i get the weight of the truck on it though. i think it'll be alright though. i guess we'll find out tomorrow when i put the axle under it. i did the measurements just like the instructions from FROR said. Measure the length of the spring from eye to eye, not straight across, and subtract 1.5" from the front hanger to the back.

got the spring perches welding on the axle today and the axle set under the truck. IFS box mount came in today. still got plenty of work ahead though.

ai123.photobucket.com_albums_o307_SSIROK99_SAS13.jpg

ai123.photobucket.com_albums_o307_SSIROK99_SAS14.jpg

ai123.photobucket.com_albums_o307_SSIROK99_SAS15.jpg

got the front axle bolted in, tires on, and on the ground now. the front sits about 3.5" higher than the rear now. time for new rear springs.

ai123.photobucket.com_albums_o307_SSIROK99_SAS21.jpg

ai123.photobucket.com_albums_o307_SSIROK99_SAS22.jpg

i'll take some more pics tomorrow int he daylight. still gotta do the steering shaft, steering box, oil pan, tie rod, drag link, brake lines, shock hoops, and shocks.

take a bfh to the firewall and lower it as much as you can

Back