Tapping for 1 ton TRE's

foreman1063

I'm looking for someone in Raleigh/Durham area that can tap 7/8"x18 thread, left and right handed, for tie rod and drag link. Also need knuckles reamed to fit larger TRE's(1.5" per foot taper). If you know a shop that does this I'd appreciate the info. I've checked with 4 machine shops and Fleet pride in Raleigh, with no luck.:confused:
Thanks, John

foreman1063 said:
I'm looking for someone in Raleigh/Durham area that can tap 7/8"x18 thread, left and right handed, for tie rod and drag link. Also need knuckles reamed to fit larger TRE's(1.5" per foot taper). If you know a shop that does this I'd appreciate the info. I've checked with 4 machine shops and Fleet pride in Raleigh, with no luck.:confused:
Thanks, John[/QUOTE

If you want me to ship the TRs ready to go I will be happy to. Also, I can get you a part # for the reamer if you want to just do it yourself

Let me know
Andy

zubz said:
foreman1063 said:
Thanks, John[/QUOTE

If you want me to ship the TRs ready to go I will be happy to. Also, I can get you a part # for the reamer if you want to just do it yourself

Let me know
Andy

Hey Andy, I'm starting to think that's what I'll do. I was going to get the tubing and have them tapped myself but a shop to tap the tr and dl is apparently hard to come by. I'll figure my length's and give you a call to have them made up. I Think I found someone near by that can do the reaming for me but thanks anyway.
John

foreman1063 said:
zubz said:
Hey Andy, I'm starting to think that's what I'll do. I was going to get the tubing and have them tapped myself but a shop to tap the tr and dl is apparently hard to come by. I'll figure my length's and give you a call to have them made up. I Think I found someone near by that can do the reaming for me but thanks anyway.
John

Here is one of those situations where instead of saying "bring it down, I can do it for you" It's pretty straight forward and Andy is probably gonna save you money by telling you what tool you need to do it yourself. After buying the tool, you can do it again if you were to have problems down the road and have to change knuckles. You could also help a friend out by doing theirs. It's just a simple bit that you can use in a decent drill to do it yourself.

upnover said:
foreman1063 said:
It's just a simple bit that you can use in a decent drill to do it yourself.

Just gotta be carefull you dont go too far with the reamer. It gets expensive if you do. I know from experiance on my own junk. Thanks to Andy for helping me get that fixed :D

AARON

Back