Temp Power Pole/Power Pole pieces to buy?

REDLYNER

Mall Crawling Race Rig
Any suggestions here? I have a 20’ power pole we are going to put in the ground (6’ hole). Duke said we need the things on this picture installed and inspected before they will run the line from the main pole to this one. Is this diy or does an electrician have to buy these parts and come out and bolt them up to the pole?

Orange = circuit box for plug/outlets
Blue = power meter
Green = conduit tube
Yellow = weather hood

Do you get this stuff from Lowe’s?
F041E284-EA38-4257-9325-FB8CBB82C89B.jpeg

Electricians usually have a temp service pole or three on hand ready to drop in. If it's a hired electric job, let him handle it.

Yeah what they said.

And just for clarity the electrician will provide the meter can/socket duke will provide the meter.

Are you trying to self perform or are you hiring an electrician?
And is this in NC?

Yeah what they said.

And just for clarity the electrician will provide the meter can/socket duke will provide the meter.

Are you trying to self perform or are you hiring an electrician?
And is this in NC?
If I could do it myself, I was going to. At least buying the parts/ if I could avoid a 3rd party markup.

Since it will have to be inspected (it’s in NC), I probably should research an electrician.

I have several for my projects that I bought from my electrician. Was about $350 installed. OHE was a few $ more but not much. Most electricians have a few they will sell. Some electricians will install theirs on your project for the duration of the project if it’s big enough (mine does).

it’s not worth sourcing the individual parts from Lowe’s. I’ve tried that before and before long I was close to what the electrician was charging.

and you don’t need 20’ pole. 16’ is plenty for a temp pole. And check NEC as the drawing doesn’t actually show you how to wire in the breakers or the ground rod (2 ground rods, 6’ apart). And don’t land your neutral and ground on the same bar because inspectors hate that. And have bushings for wire going into the box. I’m sure there is a lot more to it that’s easier to just write the check to the electrician.

Last edited:
Jay call Mister Sparky in Cherryville. They aren't the cheapest but man they do a good job and stand by their work.

Plus, you're too handsome to risk electrical injuries.
Rusty Wise

known Rusty a long time.
Good dudes. Might have been easier to work with before they got the Mr. Sparky franchise, but quality work for sure.

Jay call Mister Sparky in Cherryville. They aren't the cheapest but man they do a good job and stand by their work.

Plus, you're too handsome to risk electrical injuries.

I called Mister Sparky earlier today..... I couldn’t get past their hold music to get a quote.

“Sparkyyyy, Sparkyyyy, you won’t deal with malarkey with mr Sparkyyyy”

Back