Thanks to everyone at the CNC 4x4 Wrenching Day 3/23

Mike56

Just wanted to say thank you for all the help that was provided by the CNC 4x4 guys at the Wrenching Day 3/23. I had a blast and got everything on my list done and even found a new project to do. I really appreciate the guys going above and beyond on helping me put on my new Solid Differential Covers and to Scott for giving me a good Differential 101 Class. The Rear Diff Cover went on with no real problems but the Front Diff Cover needed some minor customization. When the Front cover went on and was off the Jack the guys heard some scrubbing -- it was the front track bar rubbing against one of the fins of the new Solid Cover. But not to worry the guys quickly assessed the situation told me my options (either put back on the old cover (Not going to happen) or grind down the fin) -- well needless to say I choose to just modify the Solid Cover and keep fingers crossed.
Well -- that worked -- the guys ground down the fin (and even put on a coat of primer) looked good and some of the guys got on the front bumper and jumped up and down -- it passed (very close -- but passed). Just means I need to work on getting it lifted a little. Oh btw did I not mention my Jeep hasn't been lifted yet but does have front and rear bumpers on it so probably added to this problem a little.

So if anyone does want to get Differential covers -- Solid is a good option. They look very heavy duty and inexpensive compared to others on the market. I would also recommend using the Lube Locker Gaskets -- just in case you need to do any adjustments - just makes it a little less messy.

Thanks again to everyone and I really appreciate all the great help.

Thanks,
Mike Sewell

Yep -- took it to the dealer -- they of course had to order it -- they also found that the Axle Shafts were also leaking -- so got those replaced also. Funny thing the Axel Shafts got replaced for free but the Brake Line I had to pay for. Oh well its all good now -- I'm glad you guys found this otherwise I might still be driving around on them. Thanks again for all the help.

Mike,
Glad you could make it out and we could get you fixed up. Seems like even with "bolt on" aftermarket parts there is always a little tweaking that needs to occur to get them to fit.

Scott

Back