The end of the crisis

jeep9mm

The Jeep is back and it seems to be working perfectly. I stopped by to see if my Jeep was done and it was. Then it got around time to pay. If yall recall the bill was 1400 dollars...800 for "water in gas damages" which they are not responsible for and 600 which they claimed it was under warranty but then once the parts were installed, they said that it was not covered. The fact that the gas produced 800 dollars worth of damage is questionable but whatever, i had come to terms with that and plan to sue the gas station for that money.
So luckily, my service writer who wanted me to pay all of it had the day off, which although I believe i was right he might have made it harder. I pretty much just explained to another service guy that I was told it was under warranty and that they called me back changing their mind. He tried to argue for a lil while and I cited the Motor Vehicle Repair act saying that I never received an estimate nor authorized any work to be done and he made a phone call and it was all clear and I paid 745 for the water in gas repair.

Now onto small claims court i suppose...

Here is what my gas looked like...they better take responsibility for this dammit...

Attachments

• random 012.jpg
    random 012.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 452
Before you start filing your paper work for small claims...make a good faith visit back to the gas station. Talk to the manager or owner (or both). Let them know the problem, show them the evidence (pepsi bottle of fuel and water, repair bill) and see if this can be handled out of court...They may suprise you and say "OOOOOPS! damn son...didn't realize we had a problem...here, take a thousand dollars for your trouble...please come back and buy wat...um...gas from us again..." They may have already gotten 17 people threatening to sue them...and will be willing to reimburse you without the legal system getting involved. Good luck.

Yes, I have already contacted the parent company of this particular gas station and they took note of it. Now, that I have all the proof, I will call them again and hope that I can stay out of courts...

Get a notarized statement from the dealer that the gas was taken out of your tank.

Where was the gas station you got the bad gas from. Just want to be sure not to go there... I'm in Charlotte and Wilmington alot and more in between.

ya but how can you prove that pepsi bottle is really from your tank?? and hw can you prove that you actually got the gas at there station???

ya i know I am just saying that in court it will be his word unless he has some documentation showing he got that gas/water from his tank and not his backyard :)

They could do some csi crap on the water looking at some chemical content of the h20 and find it could only come from the area in which he bouhgt the gas. :D :D :D

BRUISER said:
ya i know I am just saying that in court it will be his word unless he has some documentation showing he got that gas/water from his tank and not his backyard :)

Some obviously know very little how our judicial system works :rolleyes:

Well my credit card statement says I got gas on March 30th. I am sure they have proof of the transaction as well and it shows it happened at 4 :00 pm...full tank 34 dollars. And that same day, I have proof that my Jeep was towed to the dealer and has been there till April 18th. I am still nervous tho...it might not be easy to win, but I gotta try right?

Rod

ok I think you missed something.. I am more concerned about proving the liquid in your pepsi bottle is really from your tank.. not that you got gas there...

well all I have is the Jeep dealership saying that they found water in the gas tank and I have receipts proving that I pumped a full tank immediately before the jeep failed. Also, the dealer receipt proves that the Jeep was there from the same day as the receitp shows till today...after a draining of the gas tank from which the pepsi bottle sample was acquired from. So unless they believe what the dealer says...that the sample is from the tank that caused all the problems...i have no case.

Any more suggestions...lets hear em!! Please

Rod

Back