The Little Blue Truck

IMG_7567.jpeg


Well beyond the point of no return.
 
IMG_7107.gif
 
Got valve cores in, torqued all the bolts, aired up and got the rears on. (Circus music continues in background)

Sliders on the exo hit roughly the inner third of the tire.

Definitely exciting to be here after months of parts accumulation.

IMG_7684.jpeg
 
IMG_0418.jpeg


Thanks to the man behind the curtain for your time and skills today. Long story short… from my perspective it’s badass. Pics don’t do it justice. It’s just badass.
 
It’s been a few since the last posts so…

Last pic was of a radius arm setup which is no longer. Currently three linked and everything is burned in. It’s sitting at just about full stuff. She big but it’s a Toyota and trying to keep the OG body… this is where it ended up. Actually it’s pretty slick IMHO.

IMG_1332.jpeg


Need to finish drilling out the arms for the tie rod to ram, get orbital mounted, reservoir mounted and plumb steering. Somewhere in there get the coilovers on and measure for upper springs. Then it’s time to turn it around and chop the back off for a 4 link and shorten the wheelbase some. I’m think the front axle is 6” forward of where it was which was forward of stock to begin with.

Big thanks to @Monkeynono for stopping by this afternoon. When he messaged 45 minutes out I was ready to take a sawzall to the headers to get a the studs. Headers had to go to make took for the upper three link. By the grace of God I managed to get the headers off just before he arrived to check out the pile. Then he asked if I had the parts to go back together.

We managed to get stock manifold installed (thanks @Pless for the manifolds) and YotaShops crossover conversion pipe and down pipe on in record time. I was very surprised at how easily everything YotaShop parts went together. I’m sure the 1” body lift helped too.

Thanks again @Monkeynono for the push to get the exhaust done!

IMG_1334.jpeg


IMG_1335.jpeg
 
It’s been a few since the last posts so…

Last pic was of a radius arm setup which is no longer. Currently three linked and everything is burned in. It’s sitting at just about full stuff. She big but it’s a Toyota and trying to keep the OG body… this is where it ended up. Actually it’s pretty slick IMHO.

View attachment 459950

Need to finish drilling out the arms for the tie rod to ram, get orbital mounted, reservoir mounted and plumb steering. Somewhere in there get the coilovers on and measure for upper springs. Then it’s time to turn it around and chop the back off for a 4 link and shorten the wheelbase some. I’m think the front axle is 6” forward of where it was which was forward of stock to begin with.

Big thanks to @Monkeynono for stopping by this afternoon. When he messaged 45 minutes out I was ready to take a sawzall to the headers to get a the studs. Headers had to go to make took for the upper three link. By the grace of God I managed to get the headers off just before he arrived to check out the pile. Then he asked if I had the parts to go back together.

We managed to get stock manifold installed (thanks @Pless for the manifolds) and YotaShops crossover conversion pipe and down pipe on in record time. I was very surprised at how easily everything YotaShop parts went together. I’m sure the 1” body lift helped too.

Thanks again @Monkeynono for the push to get the exhaust done!

View attachment 459951

View attachment 459952
Anytime!
 
Chipping away at this pile.

I messed up a few weeks ago and took the pig tail off for the remote reservoir while working on fitting stuff in. Called the shock guy out in Loomis to ask how to fix it… he sent me a long video of what to do. Nope. Shipped it to him and he turned it around the day it arrived. Big thanks to Zach at Rock and Road. It’s a long story as to why I’m using them but I’d recommend them to anyone. Just tell them Mike from Asheville said to use them.

While I’ve been waiting it’s been inching forward. Spent the day working on prelim steering plumbing.

IMG_1786.jpeg
IMG_1787.jpeg


I can see a path towards something.
 
I’m one hose away from filling the reservoir and bleeding the steering. PSC kit came with plenty of hose for everything but the ram. It was more like enough for hydro assist and no travel.


Shock tower brace built yesterday. Welded it up, painted and today.
IMG_1835.jpeg

IMG_1836.jpeg


IMG_1835.jpeg
 
The ps pump location on the 3.4 is so annoying!
That’s probably the easiest part of the engine bay. Drivers side is packed with the steering linkage, shock tower and orbital.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top