The Marketplace Chronicles

I used to buy ag and construction equipment at auction, go through it, make it new again and sell for a decent price and obviously make a profit on my labor. Several times I would have a machine pending and would receive a higher offer before first dude showed up. Instead of selling to higher bidder I would call first dude and tell him I had a higher offer. Let's say dude 2 offered $2k more. (Dude 1 be getting angry at this point in my call with him). But I'd tell him the machine was still his at the agreed upon price or if he wanted I would send him a check for $1k and sell it to the next guy. Had a few consider it, but no one ever took the cash they always wanted the machine.

Having been on the other side of that situation as dude 1 and have things sold out from under me after the deal was done is definitely irritating.
Weve had stuff sold out from under us more times than I can count.Had it happen to us back in Feb when we went to Disney world. The chic was an hour from us and we had agreed to meet at a certain time/place and she messaged us about 10 mins before we were suppose to meet saying someone offered her more money.Saw it on marketplace the next day saying it was still available due to a no show.

Todays installment: I have a Honda gen that runs but will not put out any voltage,checked the breaker,done all I know to do so Im cutting it loose.Dude messages me yesterday (Thurs)offering less than half of asking price and I just simply reply "no".After 2-3 back and forths we agree on a price,then dude wants me to meet him with it.We set a meeting place and a time but about an hour before time he cancel's,says we'll do it tommorow (Fri),I've found out that usually means tommorow will never come but dude messages me this morning wanting to meet and asking more ???'s about it.I can tell by his questions he didnt read the listing even though i put "READ ENTIRE LISTING" in the title.So after its all said and done he doesn't want it because it doesn't work.People read what they wanna see regardless of what it actually says alot of times.

I've had a pallet jack listed for $50 for a couple months. The title of my for sale ad says "Pallet Jack $50 Needs Rebuild" and I still get multiple messages asking if it works.
Is this still available? Want to trade for another leaky pallet jack?

I've had a pallet jack listed for $50 for a couple months. The title of my for sale ad says "Pallet Jack $50 Needs Rebuild" and I still get multiple messages asking if it works.
To be fair, lots of things "need rebuild" but still function to some degree.

Back