The Mrs woke up this morning and said lets go to Uwharrie.

billybob535

CJ-6 Junkie
We are going to go run the easy trails at Uwharrie today. I downloaded the map and will buy a pass when we get there. Going in a bone stock 07 JKU (rear 44 has factory limited slip) with stock tires. I have a tow strap and that's it so sticking to the easy stuff. I have not been there in over a decade and last time I was in a built YJ that was way overkill even for the Daniel trail.

Anything I need to know when going in alone in a stock JKU with the family on board?

Where is the best place to buy the pass and enter with a totally stock Jeep?

Thanks

Bob

Stop at the Eldorado outpost for a pass and a tenderloin biscuit. Then leave there and take a right to enter the trail head less than a mile down the road. Go straight down the gravel road, ignore your first left, you'll go a good ways and it will turn into to asphalt for a short section then back to gravel. Then make your next left. Go down that until you have a parking lot on each side of the road, trail head you need is on the right. You should be fine hitting everything except Dickey Bell and Daniel.

Cool. Thanks for the info. Leaving now and should be there by noon. If anyone else sees this and is going there around then we will be in the stock burgandy JKU.

I'm on my way as well, I will have a 2 year old with me so I'm taking it easy myself. I will say hello if I see you. Tan TJ dinged up like a soda can.

Stay off trails that start wih "D".... Lol

Thanks for the tips 77GreenMachine. We had a great time. The last big rocky/rutted downhill on sawmill was a little problem but another wheeler spotted for us and we got through it. Found out 2 year olds don't like the steep climb on slab pile. Lol

Thanks
Bob

Great meeting you Bob. Hope you and yours enjoyed the trip!

Trails were pretty open yesterday. Not too bad on traffic out there. Was out there with a bunch of Cruiser's.

Back