The Next Trail Hike

Which would you be interested in attending?

• Mid-Late Summer Hike

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DRaider90

Uwharrie Off-Road Volunteering
So far we have had 2 trail hikes, and with a short hiatus I figured it would be time to start planning another one. I know there are still paths that people want to hike over near Gold Mine, and there is also interest in the Rattle Snake trail. Beyond that I have wanted to see about the Old Chrome Mine Road, and the Old Falls Dam Trail. I figured the middle of summer is not an ideal time to do a hike, and if everyone agrees we would look at an early fall hike.

For those that may have missed it, these trail hikes are to gain knowledge about the old OHV Trail System, and where possible use that knowledge to put together proposals for trail re-openings. Here is what we have GPS'd/gathered so far:

aimg846.imageshack.us_img846_1182_goldminemapn.jpg

So who is interested in attending the next hike?

I'm in for the hike. Probably will bring a friend too. Will there be anything we need to bring? Cameras, GPS, etc... Just let me know.

Could you accurately over lay that map with a current one? And still make it somewhat readable?

I can put something together, but until then here is what Lorenzo did a couple years back when we were doing the original planning for the trail hikes. They aren't dead on accurate but you can tell they are close.

alh5.ggpht.com__TQrq1VUJHDA_SwVSGKKz_sI_AAAAAAAAHn4_2jj6tAOCXhM_s800_map1.jpg

alh3.ggpht.com__TQrq1VUJHDA_SwVSGAIFugI_AAAAAAAAHn8_a9diwtiEfDY_s800_map2.jpg

Back