The proud parent thread.

Dishwasher repairing middle kid at it again.

I’m working from home today and she comes into the office and starts talking about her oil leak and how a mechanic friend told her that her valve cover gasket was leaking.

A few hours later I see her under the hood tearing her valve cover out because she’s curious. I don’t have to wonder very long as to where she gets this from.

Two hours and a trip to the parts store later, she’s all buttoned up (with a few pointers from dad of course.
IMG_5264.jpeg
IMG_5265.jpeg

I don’t have to wonder very long as to where she gets this from.
Two hours and a trip to the parts store later, she’s all buttoned up (with a few pointers from dad of course.
Me either bro... still recall her (age 4-5)... sleeping on a CJ rear seat... in the dead of winter... in Carvers (mostly unheated) Westfield shop

We had our regional swim tournament yesterday at the GAC, in Greensboro. Eli made the state swim competition in both his individual events and relays.

He managed a 4th place in 100 butterfly(57.50), 5th in 100 breast stroke(109.22), 3rd in 200 free relay, and 3rd in 400 free relay.

We are excited to be swimming in Raleigh Thursday of next week. It's a great accomplishment being a sophomore.

FB_IMG_1707060113424.jpg
FB_IMG_1707060121899.jpg

Talking about Easter and munchkin asked if we were going hunting. Kind of confused I told him nothing was in season right now. He said "no, me go Easter bunny hunting. He looks (de)licious!" Dang near fell off the bed laughing.

Last edited:
Man this guy is shaggier every time he comes home. I think it's an obligatory college thing.

Still proud of him though
IMG_20240328_110854241_PORTRAIT.jpg

My daughter's school does this app called Class Dojo (I don't know how many schools have that) and kids can earn "Dojo" points for doing good things like listening, doing nice things for people, etc. and she gets probably 2 or so a day and she came home a week or so ago and told us that she and this other girl in her class are tied for the most dojo points in the class and she has this determination to be #1, which I am proud of, but man, she has at the same time gotten this little attitude about her and my wife is finally realizing that she is raising her little self and she wonders why they are butting heads and I Just sit back and smile : )

My son acquired a couple of boats a few weeks ago to fix and flip for a profit. He's one of the more ambitious wrench turning 17 year olds I know. Anyway he got this 03 nautic star deck boat operational on his own in the last week in the afternoons while also doing his usual homework and such. Some engine work, cleaning out a fuel tank, electrical, and replacing hydraulic lines in a boat isn't usually easy to get to, but we went for a shake down run tonight.

Anyone in the market for a deck boat let me know. He'll probably take $3,500 for it so he can make another purchase soon and do it again...

Back