this is a weird question, but maybe somebody can answer it

05Coly

Anybody know what the clearance is for the parking deck near the Benton Convention center in Winston-Salem is?

I'm trying to decide if my K10 will clear, its sits at 77" at the roof line right now.

I am not sure but I think as a good rule of thumb they are around 7'. They might be less, so that would be cutting it close.

Wolfpack OffRoad said:
I am not sure but I think as a good rule of thumb they are around 7'. They might be less, so that would be cutting it close.

Yeah, I might just drive the Colorado down there and find out, for some reason i'm thinking its less than 7', its been a long time since i'v been in that area.

I think I might just drive the suburban, it sits lower than my K10 and i'm certain it will clear.

Puma297 said:
trust me, its pretty low. I learned that the hard way.

Like too low for a truck that the roofline is 77" on?

I was in a garage in Greensboro just the other day that was only 6'8". I felt a bit claustraphobic in a stock suspensioned rig. Drive by and check the entrance, should be a clearance notification.

05Coly said:
Like too low for a truck that the roofline is 77" on?

i dunno about that, but it is too low for a mall crewzer with 4 hellas on the roof. :D But as you can probably guess its not a problem anymore.

PoPo said:
I was in a garage in Greensboro just the other day that was only 6'8". I felt a bit claustraphobic in a stock suspensioned rig. Drive by and check the entrance, should be a clearance notification.

Thats what i'm thinking this deck is, i'v been in it before but not with my big truck. 6'8" would be cutting it VERY close on my truck.

Also something to keep in mind if you are cutting it "that" close. You will actually gain an inch or two when turning up to the next level. As your front tires start up the ramp, the middle section of your rig will be a bit higher, relative to the pavement. If the ceiling is not pitched just right you could rub.

Neat trick I figured out on (fortunately all) my rigs is the radio antenna was the tallest portion of the truck. And, it was always placed ahead of me, in my field of view. If I saw it hit something, I knew the roof was too close. Time to find that "R" gear and bug out.

Back