this question is so stupid but i cant get it...

Banned User

HOW DO YOU CHANGE A 99 CHEVY WIPER BLADE?!? i can put them on but for some reason i cant get these off... ive pushed/pulled/bent/near broken everytab on the swiveling part by the blade but cant get the blasted things off...

It's a chevy so, first remove engine, then remove the body...:flipoff2:
In all seriousness, I think it has the metal pin that is part of the arm that goes through the blade? You may have to get a pair of pliers on it. Just be carefull of the glass.

Every pair of wiper blades i've bought had directions with them.

every pair ive ever dealt with untill these came right off...plus the blades (RAIN X brand) have instructions but they are for installation and i can do that i just cant get the old ones off...ill just wait untill tommorow and get someone at a shop to do it free

Do the wipers have pins or the little plastic tab under it? Either way if it has a pin through it use a screwdriver between the arm and wiper and gently twist. If it has the plastic tab reach under the blade with your finger push the tab upwards and pull the blade towards you on the driver side and push away from you on the pass. side. Hate to say 5 years of slinging parts to know this but to each his own. Hope it helps

CAS22 said:
HOW DO YOU CHANGE A 99 CHEVY WIPER BLADE?!? i can put them on but for some reason i cant get these off... ive pushed/pulled/bent/near broken everytab on the swiveling part by the blade but cant get the blasted things off...

you have to release the clip and push the blade down towards the arm. the little hook on the arm has to slide off of the blade and then you can lift the blade off of the arm.

Back