Those of you who like to watch the YouTubes - check out my channel

Blaze

The Jeeper Reaper
YouTube - The Midnight Mechanic

My kids and I started a channel. It's me showing them how to work on stuff and teaching some basic things about cars and stuff. Also throwing some history in there and some other things.

A lot of my non-car friends (yes, I actually have those too) and my kids' friends are always saying they wished they knew more about cars, so figured I'd do something like this.

If anyone has any tech tips or ideas, let me know!

How to plug a tire and how to clean a battery terminal. The battery terminal thing would cut out at least half of the nuisance calls from friends and family.

Great idea. Here are some thoughts:

Show them how to get a check engine light code for free, then look it up to see what it means. My 80 year old parent had a CEL a couple weeks ago, took it to a dealer, dealer wanted $585 to change the gas filler (it’s a Ford with no gas cap). I googled it, had my dad clean the gasket around the gas door, and no more CEL.

How to change a tire with just the factory jack and lug wrench.

how to jumpstart a car.

Great idea. Here are some thoughts:

Show them how to get a check engine light code for free, then look it up to see what it means. My 80 year old parent had a CEL a couple weeks ago, took it to a dealer, dealer wanted $585 to change the gas filler (it’s a Ford with no gas cap). I googled it, had my dad clean the gasket around the gas door, and no more CEL.

How to change a tire with just the factory jack and lug wrench.

how to jumpstart a car.

I like it, all of them are definitely good!

Great idea. My kid came across a page similar to that. A guy that grew up without a dad (so he learned stuff the hard way, youtube...duh!) and had a page for showing young adults/teens how to perform and deal with basic maintenance and i think also odd jobs around the house. Great idea.

Back