Tire carrier for Jeep JK

Bogleparsons

I'm looking into getting a rear bumper/ tire carrier for my 35's on the new Jeep and would like to employ a local business if reasonably possible.

Not sure whats available near fayetteville / raliegh.

I'd like to have one built, although I don't want to pay more in labor and mats than I would get in a quality pre-built one. I don't want to buy something online that looks good and when it gets to me is crappy.

Perhaps that's not feasible, in which case I would order it from them.

something that looks about like this, minus the receiver, I'd like to retain my factory towing receiver.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JK-Wrangler...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ecdfa4a45&vxp=mtr

I had that bumper, it worked well and was very functional.

That bumper is a knock off of the smittybilt xrc bumper with tire carrier. I have the smittybilt version which sells for 899 I would sell for 600 and I'm in Fayetteville.
uploadfromtaptalk1390485035922.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I'd recommend doing your research, having a long term plan for your Jeep build and then doing your research again. BEFORE you start buying aprts and slapping them on.

What's your budget?

What do you plan to use the Jeep for?

How long do you plan to keep it?

blah

blah

blah

PS Weight is the enemy. Do everything possible to keep your Jeep light.

:)

I plan to keep daily driving my jeep and will use it for trips to the beach and Uwharrie, just now selling my dedicated YJ so
That bumper is a knock off of the smittybilt xrc bumper with tire carrier. I have the smittybilt version which sells for 899 I would sell for 600 and I'm in Fayetteville. View attachment 143074

\but the link has it for $550.00 :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JK-Wrangler...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ecdfa4a45&vxp=mtr

Oh... I thought the one on Ebay was a Smittybilt one. Thought that seemed to good to be true for that price. I had the Smittybilt one, same as 07sgt0720. Sold it for about the same price as what he's offering too.

I wanted to cut the weight and stretch it, which I did. I felt that was too much bumper for a stretched 2dr JK.

Oh... I thought the one on Ebay was a Smittybilt one. Thought that seemed to good to be true for that price. I had the Smittybilt one, same as 07sgt0720. Sold it for about the same price as what he's offering too.

I wanted to cut the weight and stretch it, which I did. I felt that was too much bumper for a stretched 2dr JK.
I'm trying to switch my setup around as well. I wanna go with the genright carrier and psc bumper.

That stings a little bit. ;)
Haha, cmonnn. You gotta help me sell this smitty bumper so I can throw that carrier on my JK. I gotta see what you guys have for rear bumpers but I like the minimalism of the psc one. Also how you have to cut the frame down to tuck the bumper in for better approach angles.

Back