Tj 2.5l power steering return line

snipes243

I’m trying to replace my power steering gearbox. Well the return line seized and broke. Well the parts stores only show the rubber hose. So does anyone know where get metal end. Or does anyone know the fitting size and i can concert it to a -6 an line and use a push lock hose?
d1c05b500e446efa72e3218866b86b3d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you look up the power steering box on rock auto it lists the return line thread as 16mm x 1.5. I am pretty sure that is the same thread coming out of the pump. Can you take the pressure line loose from the pump and see if it screws into the return on the box?

That hose from the 4.0L TJ looks awfully similar. The Mopar part number is different for the two applications, but that could be because of a minor geometry difference in the hardline section or because of something like a shorter/longer rubber section.

J113668

110059.jpg

Crown and Omix ADA both make replacement parts for that, but not for the 2.5L, and the difference (in offset distance or bend radius or whatever) might be close enough to make it work with minor tweaking. They both appear to have a Oetiker clamp instead of the OEM style clamp, which is easy to cut and remove if you have some reason to do that. I like Oetiker clamps, so I'd leave it alone if possible.

Omix-ADA Jeep Wrangler Power Steering Return Hose 52038423AB (97-02 4.0L Jeep Wrangler TJ)
Crown Automotive 52038423AB Power Steering Return Hose for 97-02 Jeep Wrangler TJ with 4.0L I-6 Engine

There's a Carquest part that looks very similar to the 2.5L hose but I didn't check the fitment details.
Advance Auto Parts - Down for Maintenance

If you look under the 4.0L on Rock Auto, Gates and Edelmann both make parts for that as well. Try one for $10 and see if it works.

Last edited:
4.0 and 2.5 hoses should be the same.

I was kinda thing they would be similar. The only I think could be different would rubber hose length due to reservoir location.

Back