TJ SYE Drive shaft Length?

TheCredibleHulk

Hey guys,
I've got a 97 Wrangler with a 2 1/2 in suspension lift and an 8.8 rear end that is my only means of transportation right now. I'm doing an SYE upgrade and i'm trying to find a ballpark drive shaft length so i can have one made before install the SYE. If anyone is running a similar set up and has an accurate drive shaft length please let me know.
Thanks a lot:beer:

no shaft shops around? I had one cut for a YJ with 35, and it was 19.25" fully closed if I remember. Got a XJ Front shaft and had Asheville Powertrain cut it down and they turned it around in like 2 hours. If you are putting in an SYE, then you could leave the rear shaft off and have a FWD TJ for til you got a shaft.. but OTOH I don't know if you've got a limited up front or a locker. BTW Asheville powertrain is 25 miles from me, 45 or so minutes drive. But it was $25 to cut+weld, $25 for balance. I opted out of the balancing and it was fine to 80mph. Didn't want to push it any faster.

The fronts locked, and the closest shaft shop is about 25 minutes away. That'd make for one heck of an interesting drive lol.

15 3/4 is about what they are you should measure and have the shaft made. of course that with the SYE that we stock dont know what you have.

We have said length shaft in stock for $250 it is a used shaft cut down and balanced w/ CV. If its not perfect you can trade it out after measuring. we will loan it to you for $25 already has 8.8 flange on it.

I have 2 Drive Shafts made from when i had a 44 with my SYE, if your interested

Back