top secret spy photos

bigwaylon

...:smokin: :smokin:

like my new tire/rim package?

DSCN0071.JPG

they're just loaners...for the latest project...here is the sneak peak at the first set of CRS rock rings...already welded on and painted...

DSCN0072.JPG

DSCN0073.JPG

now that Andy's back in town...we'll also be installing the first ever set of Staun internal beadlocks that CRS has done...they recently became a dealer for Staun...

Greg

ridefast said:
dur hur...looks like someone forgot to put the bolt holes in them there beadlocks

:burnout:

Yup, you are definitely right on smart guy.:smokin:

The Stauns are double INTERNAL beadlocks. Those are just rim stiffeners/Rock Rings/Valve stem protectors......no bolts or outer locks needed.

Andy

got any pics of the internal locks themselves??? its a ways off, but something i'm looking into... keep us updated on how they work

Cool looking, why did you choose the Staun inflatable beadlocks & what tires will go with them?

They seem kind of pricy for $163.95 a piece for a 15x7" or 15x8" rim. Then you have to pay for wheels & weld on rings too.

http://www.ok4wd.com/product.asp?id=797

here are some pics for those who have not seen them before.....
sbl_003.jpg

sbl_001.jpg

spraypaintman said:
They seem kind of pricy for $163.95 a piece for a 15x7" or 15x8" rim. Then you have to pay for wheels & weld on rings too.

Not that I'm advocating them, but a double beadlock isn't cheap either.. Stazworks gets $230 each for his... 8" rims are like $40 each. Comes out pretty close... But these should be significantly lighter... Staz wheels are heavy!

91yota said:
got any pics of the internal locks themselves??? its a ways off, but something i'm looking into... keep us updated on how they work

they're at his shop...and I'll take plenty of pics as we do the install...

Greg

spraypaintman said:
Cool looking, why did you choose the Staun inflatable beadlocks & what tires will go with them?

rings weren't necessary...just something we opted for...

I'm using my current 15x8 rims and 36x13.50 Iroks...

still a good bit cheaper for me than external beadlocks...

plus, you get the benefit of locking the inner AND outer beads at the same time...with no bolts to keep check on...

Greg

Not to mention members of this board can get a break off the retail pricing scheme through us.......

Andy

bigwaylon said:
rings weren't necessary...just something we opted for...

I'm using my current 15x8 rims and 36x13.50 Iroks...

still a good bit cheaper for me than external beadlocks...

plus, you get the benefit of locking the inner AND outer beads at the same time...with no bolts to keep check on...

Greg

Cool, let us know how you like them. :beer:

well...we're set to install the first one tomorrow...depending on how it goes will determine if we finish them up tomorrow, or later this week...

Harry (Staun guy) said to expect 3-4 hours on the first one...so we'll just have to see...

had to buy my first bottle (or whatever it's called) of baby powder today...just one more thing that there are too many options for...

Greg

I agree with the standard double beadlocks being $$$..

Ive got atleast $200/each on my recentered H1s and I did all the work myself.. What i like about these is they are portable from wheel to wheel and you protect your investment.. I am curious to see how they work and hold up.

What makes them so time consuming to install them? Do they need to be fitted or adjusted ? just curious..

Thanks for the pics..

yager said:
What makes them so time consuming to install them? Do they need to be fitted or adjusted ? just curious..

Thanks for the pics..

not real sure...just getting everything lined up right...two valve stems now, and a small "channel" on the inside of the casing that allows you to inflate the outer tire (as the inner tube would sit flat against the opening)...

doesn't sound like it's real technical...Harry just said they were easier to screw up, than they were to get right...

he said once we got the first one in 3-4 hours...probably 8 hours or so to do all four...

Greg

It looks to me like what those do is press both sides of the inside of the tire up tight against the inside of the rim, right? But because they don't completely fill the tire, you can still reduce the overall pressure, unlike using a regular inner tube. Do you need to drill additional holes in the wheels for the second valve stems?

Or am I off here? :confused:

Just askin'...

Trebissky said:
It looks to me like what those do is press both sides of the inside of the tire up tight against the inside of the rim, right? But because they don't completely fill the tire, you can still reduce the overall pressure, unlike using a regular inner tube. Do you need to drill additional holes in the wheels for the second valve stems?

Or am I off here? :confused:

Just askin'...

(this is BigWaylon, but Andy's logged in here at CRS)

correct...press both beads up against the rim from the inside...

two valve stems now...

they're only a couple inches in height, so you can run real low pressures...

think more like a NASCAR inner tire, than a full inner tube like the good ol' days...

Greg

So do we have pics yet???

How is the project going?

Back