Totaled vehicle buyback, how's that work?

Maybe the offer isn’t as good as you thought?

I find it odd that they settled and came up with a good cash offer in just over 48 hours though. I'm wondering why they paid me off so quick. Must be something sketch about the other driver.
Usually the wrecked vehicle is at a tow yard and they want to settle quick to reduce the yard fees by as much as possible. Maybe they didn't realize it was at your house and just processed the claim like they normally do.

Usually the wrecked vehicle is at a tow yard and they want to settle quick to reduce the yard fees by as much as possible. Maybe they didn't realize it was at your house and just processed the claim like they normally do.
They knew it was at my house. That's where they came and looked at it. Maybe it was because I told them if this was taken care of quickly and fairly that we just wanted to be whole again and I'd make it easy. Or maybe their driver had a suspended license or something and I could have had a potential lawsuit? Dont really know.

Them hauling it away, I would have got enough to buy a very clean similar TJ. I'm keeping the jeep and they paid me 2k more than I bought it for 2 years ago. I just dont understand why these things keep going up in value. It's just a TJ.
It's nothing special about the tj. All car prices are way up. And your money is worth 10-15% less than it was 2 years ago.

20220529_121436.jpg

20220530_150438.jpg

Attachments

• 20220530_150328.jpg
    20220530_150328.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 66
Are you going back stock? I might still have some of my stock parts if you want them.
Relatively stock. It had 2" coils and a 1" bl on 33s. It'll stay like that for now. I'm picking axles up from @kc4x4 this weekend. They look to have everything that's trashed. I appreciate the offer and will hit you up if anything won't work out.

Relatively stock. It had 2" coils and a 1" bl on 33s. It'll stay like that for now. I'm picking axles up from @kc4x4 this weekend. They look to have everything that's trashed. I appreciate the offer and will hit you up if anything won't work out.
I have a lot of stock components as well. Track bars, springs, control arms, etc. pick what you want/need and they will be free with the axles.

I can do that with Farm Bureau, but I've never tried it with a salvage title. And Hagerty can be picky on what they do and don't cover. I did a quick look and didn't see anything about salvage/rebuilt titles, but it does say "no offroad or recreational vehicles."

Duane

Haven't read whole thread, but I have a salvage title 18 grand cherokee and 12 ram 3500 fully insured through farm Bureau with a pretty low deductible. Just had to send them pictures and a value, no more expensive than any of my other vehicles.

Back