Tow rig tires?

I would Include the BFG A/T but I want something that'll last longer than those and are a little quieter, plus they are pricey.
Thanks

I have always heard really good things about the BFG AT, in terms of both traction and tread life. I just got a new set of them, so it would be a while before I can provide feedback about lifespan. I agree that they are expensive.

Have you had a bad experience with them?

nah no bad experience, they've always worked fine for me, just mainly the noise and pricey issue is what was holding me back on them, but there really not much more than the other I was looking at so maybe there worth it, I don't know thou cause I havnt really seen any reviews on milage wear from people who run them in a 35" tall size and every bfg a/t i've run was used.

I have always heard really good things about the BFG AT, in terms of both traction and tread life. I just got a new set of them, so it would be a while before I can provide feedback about lifespan. I agree that they are expensive.
Have you had a bad experience with them?
yeah, I had a set of BFG a/ts and they were awesome in thread wear. I had them on a yj daily driver for about 1 1/2 years and still had at least 95% left. I drive about 50 miles a day on them not counting weekends. So it was a lot of miles. Not sure why they lastest so long for me but when I sold my Jeep after buying them in Texas. I drove all the way to NC with them on the Yj and then used them for a year and a half the guy that bought my jeep thought they were less than a month old. No kidding. They were awesome. I think I am going to buy some more now. I never took them offroad so I can't say much about them there.

I am on my third set of tires. My truck came with Firestone Steeltex RSs which have been replaced with another tire by the Firestone Transforce. The drawback. They are hard as rocks and don't ride very smooth. I got 80k out of them. I have had a set of Michelin LTX AS and was not very happy with them. I only got 50k out of them. I am riding on a set of Uniroyal Commercial HT Truck tires currently. They ride good but I am not real impressed with them either. I can't afford LTXs so I guess I am going back to Firestone. They are cheap and they last. I load my truck heavy and it is towing something 70% of the time its on the road. I run LT 265/75/16 load range E tires.

I'm trying to get rid of a set of 265/75/16 BFG Rugged Trail T/A's that I took off of my 2004 F-350 when I stepped up to the 315's. Right now I'm running 315/75/16 BFG muds and I'm happy with them. They look cool, which is the most important thing :D Seriously, though, I haven't had any problems pulling my 30ft gooseneck with either rigs or 18 round bales of hay.

BFG Commercial TA's is what I am running now. They are load range E or F and they have a M+S version too. About 90 a piece new from Discount.

Shannon

I'm trying to get rid of a set of 265/75/16 BFG Rugged Trail T/A's that I took off of my 2004 F-350 when I stepped up to the 315's. Right now I'm running 315/75/16 BFG muds and I'm happy with them. They look cool, which is the most important thing :D Seriously, though, I haven't had any problems pulling my 30ft gooseneck with either rigs or 18 round bales of hay.

Is anyone else around here running this size tire on a tow rig? I'm looking to go this route since I'd like to keep a little more aggressive tread than the LTX or the like offer. Any other ideas for not so mild, larger, tow rig tires?

i'm running BFG 315 at's on my cummins

Back