toy haulers

claycity

ok im looking for pics of some toy haulers home built ones or factor built ones. i need some ideas on what i want im looking at having a custom one built. my plan is to have a goose neck with 20 feet of it open deck and 8 feet and over the neck in closed so i can convert it into a camper. My buddy was telling me he was just going to put a pop up camper on the front of his and build some ramp and a flat deck on the goose to hold his 4wheels when the camper is down.
here is where i got my idea
awww.2kboffroad.com_membersrides_albums_userpics_10001_9853_1.JPG

awww.2kboffroad.com_membersrides_albums_userpics_10001_cc58_1.JPG

Dose anyone have an enclosed trailer they haul their rig in i would like to see some pics of how tight it is when loaded.
thanks for the help

here one found on the net looks cool but i want goose neck
This is a 1972 Trail Star pop up camper on a 26ft camper frame and a wood deck on back to haul your toys! Very clean and spacious pop up (sleeps 7) has a fridge and sink that works. It has a 30 gallon water tank. We just seal coated the roof last summer, still has small leak when water is sitting or in very heavy rain. There is one small tear in the screen. It has a slide in awning. The deck has enough room to haul at least 2 quads. Ready to go! Asking $1,600 but will take best offer. Must Sell! Additional Info: Pop up length= 12ft Toy area length(deck)= 11ft 8in Deck width= 7ft Total Trailer Length (tongue to tail)= 26 ft Manual lift pop up
awww.2kboffroad.com_membersrides_albums_userpics_10001_normal_FetchImage_ashx.jpg

awww.2kboffroad.com_membersrides_albums_userpics_10001_normal_FetchImage_ashx1.jpg

I've wanted to do the same and been looking into it for months. My big thing is that I want a shower and toilet. My first problem is price. A 24' bumper pull is about 5k, but make it gooseneck and the price is almost double. The second problem is height. A camper must be higher for tanks and tank drains. I'm also been told there will be problems getting a tank to fit under a normal trailer because of frame width. I've got a guy locally that sells toyhaulers, but most of them are for ATVs or motorcycles and won't fit our trucks.

dude you need to play on Ebay for your trailer needs. can find them cheap. I'm with you with the shower/toilet but its for the wife she needs all that stuff. i would love to have a fully enclosed trailer makes for a good (beer drinking) spot when it rains you out when you are out.

this is what im tring to do the front with the open deck unless i can find an enclosed one tall enough for the rig i build
the white is the camper part. The black is a ramp deck to store junk and tools
awww.2kboffroad.com_membersrides_albums_userpics_10001_tr.jpg

I've considered the same type trailer. My father has a 12' pop-up that I plan on using on the front, just remove everything from the frame. Then we also have a few mobile home frames sitting around and plan on using one of those as a base for the trailer and make it a goose neck. I saw a few on Pirate a month or so ago that were done real nice.

I really like those new hybrid style pop 'outs' They make an other wise smallish trailer have a ton of room. I think you will see a ton more of that style. I think those would be easier to retro fit to a trailer capable of hauling a vehicle.

Anyway, my advice on camper/toter trailers, is to head up to a place like Harlan for a busy weekend with your camera with the whole trip being to scout out campers. Especially more so if you plan to DIY it. You will find a ton of ideas that others have done and it would be easier to incorporate them early on rather than after.

Before I went with my van, I had searched all over to find those tips out sold separately but was unable to find one. Exactly what is pictured there would be a trick setup.

i need some measurements of some rigs how wide out side of tires how long from longest points stinger everything and how tall. im drawing up some blue prints for a toy hauler. my planed rig will be setting on rockwell front narrowed 7 1/4 52 Michelin around 110 wheel base i think i got to worry about how tall it will be. can i get some numbers on some of your enclosed trails tall and wide inside

Back