Toyota CD Changer Stuck

Stankoma

Yearly Wheeler
My Toyota 3-disc CD changer (model L4202) is stuck out because there was a CD already in the stereo and I loaded a disc into the cartridge in the same spot. When the changer is swapping disks the CD cartridge is locked in the metal holder that holds the cartridge. Is anyone familiar with this model stereo and know if there is some type of release mechanism to release the cartridge when it’s like this?

Attachments

• DSC00009.jpg
    DSC00009.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 602
Aah, the 3-disk in-dash changer. Probably Alpine's miggest mistake. Sorry to sound so grim, but they're horrible! I used to work on those things. No, there's not a release mech that I know of. You can try slipping a credit card underneath or on top of the cart, and you might get lucky, but the mechanisim is more than likely tweaked beyond use. You might get lucky though! You'll probably have to remove the head unit, have it disassembled, and manually extract the cart and CD. If you weren't in Raleigh, I'd try to help you out. Maybe you can find a repair shop down there.

Wow that sure wasn't the answer I was hoping for. Yeah I took the stereo out of the dash, but only to see if there was some easy way to get inside it, but as you mentioned it did look as if I would have to disassemble the entire deck. Wow that really sucks. Thanks for the heads up.

Back