Toyota electrical issue

cumminsdzl

Ok, turned on the parking lights in the toyota the other night and the dash lights flickered then went out. I have no parking lights, interior lights, license plate light, and no tail lights. Head lights and brake lights work. I popped in a new tail light fuse, instantly blew.

I know that the parking lights coming on turns on all of the other lights i mentioned. I suppose the headlights are on a seperate circuit. I guess that i have a wire that is rubbing somewhere and grounding out. Am i correct in thinking that even if a tail light wire was rubbing it could make all of the other lights go out? I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, just trying to get a good idea of where to start. thanks for the help.

You tail lights interior and parking lights are on the same fuse (@least mine are) You are on the right page. But it doesen't have to be a tail light wire it could be a wire going to your parking lights or your corner lights or it could be a wire under the dash.

It could also be where the lights hook to the battery. 2 big green connectors right at the battery. Had the same thing only mine was the headlights. Took forever to find and then a friend came over and looked at it and said "you know I've had this connecor go bad". The battery turned out to be loose and pulled the wires out. If not, get a wiring diagram from a haynes or chilton manual and follow it. Good luck!

Back