trailer build question

I like how quiet it is.
yep I grew out of the loud annoying crap..I guess being almost 40 does that lol.
Thanks for the link on the mirrors. I agree with everything else. I was merely just asking advise on the other stuff. This isn't a vehicle that I was going to "tinker" with bolt ons/power gains stuff without getting advise from people who know these motors and such.
Today I have a new set of some awesome Load E tires coming!! (right before the weekend first tow), brakes are awesome on it, trans cooler is coming.

It appears someone's been inside the transmission once at least from studying it underneath. Motor looks all original which mind boggles me underneath not a single drop or gasket leak anywhere. Only top intake area is little "grimey" with dust build up on top of motor and intake valley but at 315K miles, it sounds and runs like a new one...I guess synthetic all it's life does this?!!
5.3 must be a heck of a motor (way better than the average review I've heard around)

So nobody has mentioned bolt on stuff..intake? Exhaust upgrade? Any of those worthy or not really. I don't mind a little extra tone but right now we love how it's literally as quiet as a brand new one and runs like one too.
None of that is worth it.
It will decrease reliability and not provide any significant benefit for your intended uses.
It’s a super pristine clean ride. It’s also almost 20 years old. A few things are going to creep up, probably minor, I’d pocket some cash back to be prepared and make it a point to tow with it at least 20 times or so and then see what really bugs you. And if the problems don’t creep up then maybe address them.
But if you start chasing bolt instead you will be $1,000 down the hole and no better than how you are right now.

I was typing same time you were.I’m a big believer when it comes to tow rigs stock is sweet

I was typing same time you were.I’m a big believer when it comes to tow rigs stock is sweet
Well you know them TBI tahoe/suburbans are so weak you gotta always tinker to make em as better as possible lol. This one however feels so amazing power band and stability I was like "nope, not touching this car without people telling me what to do otherwise leaving it alone lol".
Found out rear suspension was all replaced with new bushings and shocks and all new body mounts last year...they put on some heavy duty self load leveling shocks...nontheless that was one expensive ticket lol

It's my first 2wd truck/tahoe/suv ever and it's weird being up under it with all that room haha,

The ABS 60A fuse was out of it, now I see why. I put it back in, ABS pump starts running immediately. So now I know why he had fuse out lol.
Anyone know anything about this issue? Not really concerned about it but if it's anything possibly simple..ish it wouldn't hurt. That's only "issue" I've found so far

The stock air intakes work pretty well, maybe add a washable, non-oiled, air filter to it if you wanted. The aftermarket intakes just draw hot air off the radiator and from under the hood. The stock one pulls it out of the inside of the front fender. The exhaust flows pretty well also. The trash can sized muffler is really the biggest restriction, but also the reason they're so quiet. You'll be pretty tickled with just a tune.

Once you put tow mirrors on it, you won't care how they look because of how much more awesomer they are and how much better you can see basically everything. One thing I did was level mine with a few washers and they look WAY better and I have a much better field of vision with more room for adjustment on the mirror. I always leave mine slid in though, even though they're power/heated/etc. The bottom part of them isn't powered and I hate moving them. I can still see just fine.

The trash can sized muffler
LMBO yes it is
I'm sure it's a restriction but I'm like others have said, don't want to sacrifice the nice quiet ride for maybe 10ish hp. Wifey said she slap me if I made it any louder LOL, knowing I'm not like that now but still had to remind me. (I even put a stock muffler back on my crawler, screw the loudness)

You'll be pretty tickled with just a tune
probably would but gonna wait for that kind of money. All I know right now is with 3:73 this thing hauls ass with that 5.3 lol. Holy crap, yeah call me old school but dam, going from cheeky TBI tahoes and burbs to this is like a rocket pack strapped to it lol Thank goodness I religiously use cruise control too, cause at 70mph, I can't tell vs the 95 burb, of you can tell haha

Yeah, we had a 78 3/4 ton 2wd burb back when I was in High school. Had the 454 BB in it. Loved driving that. Couldn't afford the 8mpg empty now though. You couldn't tell you were towing anything except how fast the fuel needle fell. LOL and those 3 point mirriors!
62d8ee9bc7c739531bc280df8e9d4f76.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Got my new load E Yokahama Geolander XAT. Having a friend who works in tire got me set for...can't say lol... freaking ride amazing at 60psi.
IMG_20200429_065641.jpg

Got my new load E Yokahama Geolander XAT. Having a friend who works in tire got me set for...can't say lol... freaking ride amazing at 60psi.
View attachment 317090

They should ride well. Brand new with squirmy tall tread blocks to isolate you from everything. They're also not going to brake or corner as well as a highway tire for those reasons though. Tires are always a compromise though, unless your needs are very narrow.

Back