trailer build

orange150

still thinking of the best way to mount my tank to a trailer i will be making for it. I was thinking about welding the tank to the trailer, but that might not be the best. Are metal straps easy to come across? also what thickness metal should i use on the trailer?
Here is a pretty good picture of how a company does it
auxiliary_diesel_fuel_tank.jpg

i figure if i want to mount by welding it I would take it to someone who really knows what they are doing and just pay to get it welded on.
i guess thats all my questions?

I am not sure but don't you have to have a permit to haul over a certain amount of fuel?

Two metal 1/4 thick X 2" wide with angle tabs welded on the ends, bend it from one side to the other with a long bolt to tighten them up should work good as hold down straps. The length would be long enough to bend fairly easy. Blocks front and rear to Kipp it from sliding front or back. Remember if this stuff is liquid enough to pump into the tank it may have a surge factor. Too much surge and it will push you right thru an intersection! IMHO I still think several small tanks would be the ticket, to prevent this.

As far as a permit, I don't think it's duel in this state, but, might have to have something for waste. It's been a long time since I got my Haz-mat endorsement, so I am just not sure.

hmm... allright. So maybe a few 50 gallon drums in the back of my utility trailer to take to and from where i get the grease from and keep the big tank stationary to store it all in.

I think that the break is at 250 gallons. At least that is all that we can leave in our mobile generators when we move them. Anything above that and you need a fuel hauling permit.

Back