Trailer Rental - TJ

49erRider

Well, I'm going to be picking up a TJ about 4 hours or so from me I believe.

I have an F350 so not worried about towing, but wondering what the best trailer rental would be?

Just Uhaul? Figure it will have tie down points on it since I doubt the tire straps they have will work?

Thanks all!

I had to rent a uhaul trailer 2 years ago to haul my old tj. It was a nightmare trying to get normal tie down straps to work with it.
If you cant use the provided tie down straps for stock size tires be prepared, the one I rented had no provisions for normal straps.

I also remember they have a newer trailer version and a old version. Iirc one of the 2 was not wide enough to get my tj with stock axles on 35s on. I would definitely find out the width of the tj you are towing and make sure it will fit, that is again if it isnt stock.

About 2 hours away. I'm in Charlotte. Thanks though!

I'll start looking at equipment companies to see if they have anything.
If your buying a jeep you may want to just buy a trailer. Probably come out cheaper in the long run.

I used a Uhaul car hauler to bring my 82 CJ7 home. The stock straps won’t work. However, I was able to use the frame hooks of my car hauler straps in the front ratchet assemblies. The front pulled straight into the ratchet. For the rear straps, I used my car hauler straps from Jeep frame to trailer frame. They crossed for lateral stability. Worked like a champ!

So again...
front: car hauler straps from Jeep frame holes into the fixed Uhaul ratchet (pic below)
Rear: (crossing the straps) Jeep frame to trailer frame (no pic avail)

41D8CA0F-BD9F-46C8-89B5-03BCBE27FF2F.jpeg

Back