Trailer suspension question

A 20' 10K or 14K trailer is on the wish list... Wish I had money for one!
No, no. I meant the spring and the shackle. The shackle bolt holes look like they're ovalled, and the spring has been rubbing on that angle under load. Just replace both of them, because a broken main leaf on the side of the highway is a huge pain in the ass.

It was on marketplace. I think this was it:
Have I mentioned how much I hate FB marketplace?
Screenshot_20211119-211313_Chrome.jpg

So got all the parts in only to find that it looks like I need 2 5/8 hole center shackles.
7FFBF1C7-E60A-431D-93EE-252BCCE004F0.jpeg

Tractor Supply only has 2 1/2” and 3 1/8” on center. Judging the egg shape in the two I took off I’m thinking I need to replace them all.

So got all the parts in only to find that it looks like I need 2 5/8 hole center shackles.
View attachment 362682

Tractor Supply only has 2 1/2” and 3 1/8” on center. Judging the egg shape in the two I took off I’m thinking I need to replace them all.

I bet if you move the tape measure over to where the original hole WAS, it would be 2 1/2". Look at how much meat has been wallowed off of the ovaled end compared to the rounded end.

What ^said. And 1/8" isn't going to matter. Go with the 2-1/2s.

I bet if you move the tape measure over to where the original hole WAS, it would be 2 1/2". Look at how much meat has been wallowed off of the ovaled end compared to the rounded end
What ^said. And 1/8" isn't going to matter. Go with the 2-1/2s.
I'll go check tractor supply and see what they have and compare it to what I have. From what I'm seeing on line the shackles that are 2.5" on center are 3.75 long an the ones with 2 5/8 are closer to 4" long. Mine that I took off are right at 4" long. I'm thinking the other shackles need replacing too.

I'll go check tractor supply and see what they have and compare it to what I have. From what I'm seeing on line the shackles that are 2.5" on center are 3.75 long an the ones with 2 5/8 are closer to 4" long. Mine that I took off are right at 4" long. I'm thinking the other shackles need replacing too.
If they all match it won't matter. Buy a set of either and run them down the road.

If they all match it won't matter. Buy a set of either and run them down the road.
That is the plan. Now we wait. Tractor supply had one set. I ordered some. The one thing about living in a small town in SC is nothing is easy to find.

Back