Trailer title

tjfreddy

I purchased a trailer about 4 months ago. When I bought the trailer the owner said that he did not have the title with him, but he would send it to me. Well I still don't have the trailer title, so I basically have a big paper weight right now. After several phone calls to have the notorized title sent to me, and numerous promises to do so no such luck. Guess the question is, can I register the trailer as a home built one and get another title for it? Or do I need the original title?

Thanks,

Fred

Yes. Go to the inspectors office and get an application for a title. It will have a number on it. It has to be stamped on the tongue and the axle. After you do that, take it back to the inspectors office, get it inspected, and take the papers to the tag office. It's actually cheaper than getting a title transfered.

Best solution was posted in another thread.

Take it a a mechanic-friend, get him to do $50 worth of work to it, then file a mechanics lein, and then get a title for it.

Somebody can fill in the current details on the process.

DMV enforcement....now combined with the HP. Used to drive light blue cars, now std HP cars, some say DMV enforcement on the side...they dress like SWAT cops or something.

You can catch them in the office in the mornings most places, usually before 9.30 to 10am.

Pull the SOB until you get pulled, then plead stupid. Have all lights and brakes working and it will only be a small fine if any. Then you'll have to do it right.
RQ

Back