Tranny mounts - Opinions

JoeyValkyrie

I am getting ready to replace the tranny mount in my 2000 TJ (4.0 w/ manual 5 Spd). Anyone had any experience with the Daystar replacement mounts? Are they worth the extra, or just get a replacement from the dealership??

stick with the oem style rubber one, dealership or not. poly brings the vibration

I went with the Daystar when my rubber mount crapped out on the XJ. Definitely a lot more "buzz" in the cockpit, but no more tranny bucking to the side. I'm used to having stuff vibrate on the interior anyway, comes with owning a classic car.

The stock rubber trans mount in my 97 TJ was TRASHED when I bought the Jeep at 95,000 miles, so I replaced it with a poly one. Maybe it was "Prothane" brand? I ordered it from DC at dc4wd.com.

It worked great for me, no vibration issues. But I also installed SYE and CV rear driveshaft at the same time, and adjustable rear upper control arms to correct my pinion angle.

thecarman said:
... But I also installed SYE and CV rear driveshaft at the same time, and adjustable rear upper control arms to correct my pinion angle.

bingo, bango, bongo ..... for sure the poly ones will last longer, but they don't absorb the vibes as well.:beer:

The aftermarket ones last longer. Wen't through 2 or 3 stock ones and still have the daystar (only 45k on the jeep). They transmit more vibes (especially with an auto tranny) but if you're driving a jeep with swampers, what does it matter? :)

Back