Tree on house insurance?

hunterdan

Ok like all of you in the path of Helene we got some damage.
15-20 pines...7 on the driveway and 1 on my porch.

We made a claim with State farm. They told us they have a contractor that can give a free estimate. I believe it's some rotating list SF has and they just send the next contractor on the list.
After the estimate...we can use any contractor.

My question is....Do they not send out a Bonafide State Farm adjuster first?

Attachments

• IMG_20240927_181056139.jpg
    IMG_20240927_181056139.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 36
From my experience doing insurance tree work, I would go out and give a quote and give it to the homeowner. Then the insurance adjuster would come out and look at it, then approve the quote. Some of them require two separate prices, one for cutting the tree, and one for cleaning it up. Some allow different prices for cleanup, some just go by what sounds like a fair price.

My question is....Do they not send out a Bonafide State Farm adjuster first?

With so much widespread damage across several states, they know that the adjusters are going to be spread thin. Many inspections backlogged. So, they have to do the next best thing, get any eyes on it they can.

With so much widespread damage across several states, they know that the adjusters are going to be spread thin. Many inspections backlogged. So, they have to do the next best thing, get any eyes on it they can.
This is typically what my brother see doing this type work. Or they have him quote it and take a ton of pics to send to them.

At the moment we are just sending in pics of the damage and it seems like pics along with quotes from contractors will determine the funds.
So far they are being good about it and even told my wife they will give a credit for perishable foods ie) refrigerator.
We mentioned that not only our driveway but other roads on property to animals are blocked. A couple of our structures and fencing are also damaged.
Here's hoping they will include tree removal from those routes and animal structures.
If memory serves...I believe we do have an automatic 10k for additional structures.

Still no pwr so no well water. Thankfully, I'm a prepper and I have a 300+ gallon tote plumbed into the home w drinkable water.
Also, we are moving soon and my wife suggested I get rid of my propane tanks and turkey fryer stand a week ago.
Lol. We are using the tanks for the Generator and for heating bath water etc. Shes also glad I wouldn't give up my antique Coleman stove and lanterns.
I'm kind of a hero all of a sudden.👍

Thankfully, I'm a prepper and I have a 300+ gallon tote plumbed into the home w drinkable water.
Curious about this. Does it have is own pump?
And prutifier?
I've considered this a couple times but always come back to the fact that If you have a well, and will need a pump to use this water tote, then why not just use the well pump on a generator, and then you have power for other things anyway

Curious about this. Does it have is own pump?
No pump just gravity fed to my cold pex line with indoor and outdoor valves. Also a potable water hose hanging from the pex in a utility closet.
I was going to ad a 12v pump with a solar panel and deep cycle battery but it comes out good enough to fill a 5 gallon bucket in a couple minutes.
And prutifier?
I've considered this a couple times but always come back to the fact that If you have a well, and will need a pump to use this water tote, then why not just use the well pump on a generator, and then you have power for other things anyway
Water is chlorox treated by an exact measurement and an exact percentage chlorox.
A generator at the well would be great but would need to be dedicated for mine as it's far from the house.

Back