Triangle area shop for injector work on 2003 F250 6.0L

Blaze

The Jeeper Reaper
My truck has some injector issues. Shop it is at was way overpriced on the work. My scanner was being a turd and wouldn't read the truck so I took it to there because I don't know jack about diesels.

The guy I bought it from in VA said he'd take care of me on the cost and it is a really good deal and like 1/4 of the price but I'd have to get it up to the DC area and I have no way to do that because this is my tow rig.

Does anyone know any local shops that could do the work for a decent price? This thing is just my tow rig and I really don't want to drop a ton of money on it.

If you’ve been using Rev x and still have issues, you are more than due to have them replaced with that kind of mileage. Had to replace mine at 295k miles on my 6.0. I forgot who did the work but it was in Rock Hill somewhere. Guy was pretty decent.

A bad FICM can cause injector issues too.

If you’ve been using Rev x and still have issues, you are more than due to have them replaced with that kind of mileage. Had to replace mine at 295k miles on my 6.0. I forgot who did the work but it was in Rock Hill somewhere. Guy was pretty decent.

A bad FICM can cause injector issues too.
Rock hill should have been Trip at Tripps truck shop off cherry rd if I had to guess

Injectors are pretty easy to change on these trucks. Just make sure you do new dummy pipes and stand pipes as the seals don't really like to be reused (Ford 6.0L Diesel Stand Pipe & Dummy Plug Set)

If you don't want to do it though, Derrick from HPJ has a shop and does a lot of diesel work. Let me know if you need his contact info.
Ok I know nothing about diesels apparently. What are those? Are they parts that are part of the fuel system? Dummy plug makes me think it replaces something but doesn't work like what you replace.

Ok I know nothing about diesels apparently. What are those? Are they parts that are part of the fuel system? Dummy plug makes me think it replaces something but doesn't work like what you replace.

The sit under the valve covers and are high pressure stand oil pipes basically, if the orings start to go bad on them then truck will not start.

You have to take them out to get to the injectors.

And the dummy plugs are just that. The oil rail is made to fit either side head so it has two spots for the standpipes which feed it from the back of the head, the dummy plugs plug the unused front feed hole on each rail.

An 03 won't have stand pipes or dummy plugs though unless the engine has been changed. They used a different oil rail with a flexible quick disconnect hose coming off the stand pipes. You'll have to make or buy the special tool to get it off. I can take a pic of my homemade tool at lunch.

03 and early 04 trucks had a slightly different high pressure oil system, my old truck was an 03 I put 13 injectors in it over the years, mostly from starving them due to my race tune. I think the 03s are easier overall. I could change all 4 on one bank in about 3 hours by the time I sold the truck, LOL

Also the quick way to tell if it's 03 or not, late 04 and newer engines have the injection pressure sensor sticking out of the passenger valve cover near the glow plugs module at the front by the alternator. 03 and early 04 don't have a visible sensor on the passenger valve cover because it's hidden under the turbo.

Back