trips Charlotte-Atlanta & Charlotte-Asheville

bigwaylon

doing some traveling...figured I'd offer up cargo space if anybody needs anything...

I drive a company S-10, so I could toss something in the back if needed...

if you give me enough notice, I could drive my D350 and haul the trailer if you needed a rig moved...

here's my schedule (in Atlanta right now):

Friday, 4/28, Atlanta to Charlotte

Monday, 5/1, Charlotte to Asheville
Tuesday, 5/2, Asheville to Charlotte

Sunday, 5/7, Charlotte to Atlanta
Friday, 5/12, Atlanta to Charlotte

Sunday, 5/21, Charlotte to Atlanta
Thursday, 5/25, Atlanta to Charlotte

Sunday, 6/4, Charlotte to Atlanta
Thursday, 6/8, Atlanta to Charlotte

also a possibility of:

Friday, 5/5, Charlotte to Myrtle Beach
Saturday, 5/6, Myrtle Beach to Charlotte (my Jeep will be on the trailer, but there would be room in the bed if needed)

Just let me know...

Greg

2offroad said:
Cool, whats a D350?

for the 1st Gen Dodges, they called them 150/250/350 instead of 1500/2500/3500...

there are D's and W's (i.e. D350 or W350) but I haven't even looked to see what the difference is...

mine is an '89 D350, 1-ton DRW, 2WD, reg cab, long bed...

Greg

bigwaylon said:
there are D's and W's (i.e. D350 or W350) but I haven't even looked to see what the difference is...

D = 2WD

W = 4WD

D/W

I don't think that is right. The D series was the standard Dodge model pu, the W series was a heavy duty model. Either one could purchased in a 4x4 model. I don't think the W models were produced any later than 1970's, certanly not into the 80's.

I seriously considered purchasing a W-350 4x4 SRW in 1968. It shared the same cab/bed style as the D series, but had a raised/beefier look.

W-350

The 1968 W350 had a np435 trans and Dana 70's, front and rear. It also had springs to match the axles. It rode like a true log wagon, and was impossible to overload. I think that was the main reason I didn't buy the W-250, they were sprung far to stiff for a daily driver.

LARRY SMITH said:
I don't think that is right. The D series was the standard Dodge model pu, the W series was a heavy duty model. Either one could purchased in a 4x4 model. I don't think the W models were produced any later than 1970's, certanly not into the 80's.
I seriously considered purchasing a W-350 4x4 SRW in 1968. It shared the same cab/bed style as the D series, but had a raised/beefier look.

I don't know...but I do know that a TON of people on www.dieseltruckresource.com have W250 and W350 in their sigs for '89-'93 trucks...

Greg

LARRY SMITH said:

Larry - what you are saying might be true for the 1970's and older trucks, I don't know. But I am 100% positive that at least for the 89-93 body style like Greg and Ken (BRUISER) have, W=4WD and D=2WD, and W does not designate a heavy duty model.

Back