Trusting your spotter

"That ain't going no where...I don't think..."

Nice...always good to help...I spotted / helped a guy clearance out some metal and relocate a pesky corner on his rear bumper of his K5 on Saturday..."just sheetmetal"... :lol:

(He had done some previous clearance work with sledgehammer so I wasn't worried too much)

Sam

Not the first time I've been "spotted" into one of those situations. It's always in good fun though. Kinda makes me wonder why I continue to listen.

tw89yj said:
Not the first time I've been "spotted" into one of those situations. It's always in good fun though. Kinda makes me wonder why I continue to listen.

i know the feeling, happend last weekend.... the more spotting he did the more hung up i got. then the fawker is tryin to get me to lay over in the in the damn creek crossing :lol: :flipoff2:

got4-lo said:
i know the feeling, happend last weekend.... the more spotting he did the more hung up i got. then the fawker is tryin to get me to lay over in the in the damn creek crossing :lol: :flipoff2:

Only reason you kept getting stuck was because you backed into the hole before i even started spotting... You wernt getting out of the hole no matter what kind of spotting anyone was doing. Had you mentioned you wanted to winch up the waterfall before you backed into the hole...we wouldnt have been stuck. I assumed you just wanted to get down the hill...not winch all the way up. Speak up. :flipoff2:

Oh and get a locker. ;)

What creek crossing?

slravene said:
Only reason you kept getting stuck was because you backed into the hole before i even started spotting... You wernt getting out of the hole no matter what kind of spotting anyone was doing. Had you mentioned you wanted to winch up the waterfall before you backed into the hole...we wouldnt have been stuck. I assumed you just wanted to get down the hill...not winch all the way up. Speak up. :flipoff2:

Oh and get a locker. ;)

What creek crossing?

:shaking:

can you follow me? :flipoff2:

now its time for you to stop being skeerd and wheel that exploder. :lol: then i will spot ya, it will be a lot of fun when im watching you fix shit :fuck-you:

slravene said:
skeerd to wheel with a slipping transmission in my DD?

If that makes me skeerd...then ok.

IMO, you can never blame the spotter for getting your junk stuck. Ive been "spotted" badly before several times and im sure ive spotted people badly before. It all comes down to being responsible for your own rig. You are much better off with a spotter in basically any situation. If you get stuck/flop/roll/break/etc. while they are spotting its just as much your fault as is thiers...you are ultimately pushing the pedals...they are just giving you 2 extra eyes.. Just my .02

you sound like a great friend

Deleted, since i cant seem to not be misunderstood.

Got-4-lo and I wheel together all the time. Its all in good jest. Ill admit my spotting wasnt the best it could be, but I was working with the situation we had gotten into. If it makes you feel better Ill take responsibility for him getting stuck. Nothing broke, no damage incurred. Its all good. No harm done.

slravene said:
You probably think that the spotter should pay for all the damage incurred while they are spotting too.

Uhhhh, what? Where did he ever say that?

I'm going to assume you've not been somewhere where the spotter IS the one who is all but pushing the pedals and turning the wheel. Sure you can blame the spotter, and tell him he better get his broke-dick non-spotting ass over and help you fix what you broke (all while throwing a happy :flipoff2: to him), but paying for damage? If that crosses your mind while on the trail, you outta stick to web-wheeling, my friend.

Nope, I don't know either of them. I don't really care either way. Don't get your panties in a twist, it's just the internet. I own my rig and I am the only one respnsible for it. However, if one of my friends/spotters had that attitude about it, then he probably wouldn't spot for me, I can fawk it up all by myself.:flipoff2:

slravene said:
You probably think that the spotter should pay for all the damage incurred while they are spotting too. .

Why didn't I think of that, Bigwoody and pheery, I'll need your addresses to send the bills for damages incurred in Robbinsville. My jeep was practically a show piece before that trip.:shaking:

Deleted, since i cant seem to be misunderstood

I think you are all misunderstanding what I said. I agree that the spotter has a responsibility to look out for the rig, but they should NEVER (except in some extreme cases) be 100% at fault for someone getting stuck or broken. Thats a cop-out to say "we were at URE and my spotter made me hit that tree". (<-- again, just an example...)

I would hope that you all feel the same way...i think you all misunderstood what i was saying in the first post.

Ive deleted what I said earlier, because 1) we are all arguing the same point...i didnt word my arguments correctly and was misunderstood. No harm done. and 2) having bitter arguments on the internet is stupid.

Sorry for not wording my stuff right, but you guys took it like I was arguing against the point. I wasnt. We seemed to be arguing the same side of the debate, i just wasnt choosing words correctly.

kcarroll said:
don't you have a sponsor?

Yes he does. Has he committed an offense that is in violation of the rules of NC4x4 or the Chit Chat section? I offered him the advice last night that he was better off to keep his mouth closed even if he was being misunderstood. ;) The bigger problem is that a few people took some joking around between two friends (Matt and Lee) in the chit chat section way more seriously than they should have and now Lee is trapped. Hopefully he will take my advice from last night and let it die. :)

Back