Trying to be a good uncle

shelby27604

My family has some property in VA on a river.

Looking to buy some toys that the nieces and nephews can use (maybe as passengers for now....1-5 years old at the moment).

What does a good starter pack of toys look like ? (Displacement, 2wd or 4wd, bike, sxs, quad, mule....brand?). I don't do the Chinese no-name imports anymore....I learned that lesson, you may have great luck with them....I do not.

If you had $3-$4k and we're hoping to grab a couple gas powered toys, what would you recommend?

I wish you had posted this last week. I just gave a way two big Power Wheels Jeeps that worked good. I got them from a neighbor of a job of mine. I put a $20 part on one and they are fine, had new batteries too. I know that's not what you were asking about but for 1-5 years old, it could have worked.

Do you want them to learn to ride a dirt bike? Or keep them on 4 wheels?

Dirt bike would be Yamaha PW50 or Honda XR/CRF50.

ATV would be Honda TRX90, Suzuki LT80 or you can go older and try to find a good condition Honda TRX70 or maybe a Yamaha Breeze.

Go-kart could be another good option but I don't have any recommendations on brands to buy or avoid.

This reminded me we've just about outgrown our 24V Grave Digger power wheels and got me looking at the 125cc mini jeeps again.

This reminded me we've just about outgrown our 24V Grave Digger power wheels and got me looking at the 125cc mini jeeps again.
Don't. Jeep rides like a brick and doesn't go fast enough. The jeep is fine for 'gold cart' use but if you want to drive it through a field or woods faster than 1st gear it will beat you to death

Back