turtles

jeepyjman

anyone here have any turtles? know where to get some near Charlotte? I like turtles and was wanting to get 2 or so so live in water/dry environment.

Google them. You can get them online or drive down to Myrtle and get them at the chain beach shops. And you can get all the tank and accessories at petsmart or petco. HTH...

i have all the stuff to have one. I was just at myrtle this summer and every store i stopped in said they were illegal around myrtle beach due to bacteria.

Wings right by Atlantic ave in Garden City has em' all summer long. Baby ball python's also. I got my buddies little girl a turtle there last year.

son has 2 1 is 5 years old...
pretty cool pets, kinda self containing like fish, but you have the option of taking out and playing with them.

Feeding them feeder fish is a hoot to watch

They're not illegal to have in NC, they are just illegal to sell. You can give them away but you can't sell them. Go figure. There's ways to get around it such as two pet stores in Charlotte that if you buy the 55 gallon tank setup for a turtle you get the turtle free. I have two turtles that I'll give to you if you buy the food I have for them for $20. Despite the size difference they are both 4 months old. The bigger one is about 4" and the smaller is about 1.5".
turtles.jpg

They're not illegal to have in NC, they are just illegal to sell. You can give them away but you can't sell them. Go figure. There's ways to get around it such as two pet stores in Charlotte that if you buy the 55 gallon tank setup for a turtle you get the turtle free.

Yeah, thats what I meant, sorry if I wasnt totally clear on that.

leave it to bret to know anything and everything about animals as well as vehicles haha....he's right tho.....there is a place in mooresville called seashell petshop...right off of main st....beside where Hicks Total Performance used to be...now Rimzone....you can get turtles there.....

Back