Un-Brodozing an 05 TJ

Finally got an evening to pull the case that made so much noise. She’s toast.

Gasket maker is setting up on the reassembled TJ case and everything spins and cycles fine.
F1845985-3592-4767-828C-BE9190D55F80.jpeg
134407EE-B30B-4E3D-B713-978D38D6595B.jpeg
9F1CB067-CBE1-4787-907B-AD17969D3379.jpeg
AEDBC665-69DF-4B2E-B843-E3B73A502CC6.jpeg

In all seriousness for this thread since you turds brought up brakes...:laughing:. I did change out the front rotors, pads and did a vac bleed on it a few weeks ago. It had always had a low pedal after the 8.8 swap even after @Jody Treadway 's chamois powered advice. It is much better now and pedal feel has come back pretty well. It still occasionally gets a low pedal so I think I need to do another bleed for good measure.

Long term opinion, 4.56's are useless on the highway in OD with the 35's but I am not throwing regear money at it at this point. It runs 65mph just fine in 3rd around 2800rpm and actually gets better mileage turning RPM's rather than lugging in OD. For what little it sees of sustained highway driving I will roll with it as is.

Cruising around the farm checking fences the other day I found all the neutrals....normally this work is reserved for my SxS but what fun is it when some of the property has some cool creek beds that need to be explored in the rain?

Luckily it was just the linkage bushing that decided it had good life and crumbled into a bunch of little pieces in the belly pan allowing the cable to fall off the linkage. Like every good hillbilly, there is a pack of zipties in every vehicle I own. Quick bandaid fix til the new bushing comes in. In my rush to not be laying in the mud any longer than necessary, I left my flashlight (Iphone) in the belly pan and proceeded to see how long it will stay there. I can report it is approximately 20 miles and it will still be there.

Went by the shop last weekend(?), saw a group standing out front talking, went to swing in, but my wife used "the force" (well, maybe it was "the look"?)... so just honked 🤫

Hahaha I was wondering who that was. Should have given her the look back. It was me and a few of my wife’s cousins just shooting the shit trying to solve the worlds problems.

Back