Uncle Willie's Junk

05 Equinox. Runs and drives no title.
20230515_175848.jpg

I got a question about your trailer; it looks like a Hawke full tilt? How do you like it? Buddy of mine is looking for a 10-14K bumper pull he could use behind his wife's Suburban if his truck isn't available, all he's got is gooseneck trailers and he feels bad borrowing mine. I've been helping him look and I've found quite a few Hawke trailers that fit the bill for him but I've never seen any "real" reviews.

I got a question about your trailer; it looks like a Hawke full tilt? How do you like it? Buddy of mine is looking for a 10-14K bumper pull he could use behind his wife's Suburban if his truck isn't available, all he's got is gooseneck trailers and he feels bad borrowing mine. I've been helping him look and I've found quite a few Hawke trailers that fit the bill for him but I've never seen any "real" reviews.
I think Uncle Willie has a hawke full tilt dump trailer and I have a hawke full tilt flat deck 15k trailer.
I love mine. The ONLY gripe I have is when they welded the nut for the jam bolt to retain the removable fenders it isnt perfectly flush so when you tighten it down the fender sits a little angled and looks janky....but I havent cared enough to fix it yet.

Im less than an hour fom GC if you/he want to check it out in person just shout

I think Uncle Willie has a hawke full tilt dump trailer and I have a hawke full tilt flat deck 15k trailer.
I love mine. The ONLY gripe I have is when they welded the nut for the jam bolt to retain the removable fenders it isnt perfectly flush so when you tighten it down the fender sits a little angled and looks janky....but I havent cared enough to fix it yet.

I looked at those Hawke just now. I really like what I see and read. I want a 14K tilt trailer but damn they are pricey.

Might take you up on that one of these days when. I don't have anything going on!
I looked at those Hawke just now. I really like what I see and read. I want a 14K tilt trailer but damn they are pricey.
There's a guy on marketplace who's a dealer I think; I can't remember the name of the dude but he's out of Chesnee South Carolina and he's got some fairly decent priced trailers. Although with the market being the way it is these days my whole perception of a "good deal" is completely trashed.

The big one is a (NEVERBUYA)Stryker trailer. I suppose it would be fine if you only pulled perfect automibl3s, and only a few times a year. For me it is too flimsy. The metal deck is too thin, and was rippled from end to end in about 3 months. The fenders are so thin they came with NO STEP stickers on them.

The small tilt is an old....ummmm....Carhart- I think- trailer. It is built like a freaking tank. Other than the fenders being abducted by aliens, I have no real complaints about it. I do not like the manual pump to raise it.

My dump trailer is a Hawke. It is my second one. I bought the first one very used, and had to have the pump motor rebuilt. Cost me $40. The one I have now was purchased new. It has performed flawlessly.

The big one is a (NEVERBUYA)Stryker trailer. I suppose it would be fine if you only pulled perfect automibl3s, and only a few times a year. For me it is too flimsy. The metal deck is too thin, and was rippled from end to end in about 3 months. The fenders are so thin they came with NO STEP stickers on them.

The small tilt is an old....ummmm....Carhart- I think- trailer. It is built like a freaking tank. Other than the fenders being abducted by aliens, I have no real complaints about it. I do not like the manual pump to raise it.

My dump trailer is a Hawke. It is my second one. I bought the first one very used, and had to have the pump motor rebuilt. Cost me $40. The one I have now was purchased new. It has performed flawlessly.
Yikes, I looked at Stryker trailers before I got my Carry-On 10K and was less than impressed, the 12K Stryker looked flimsier than my 10K Carry-On.

Mine is the 15k model.
It was ~7,200 in ‘21 I think it’s over 10k now …damn 2021 dollars

Yikes, I looked at Stryker trailers before I got my Carry-On 10K and was less than impressed, the 12K Stryker looked flimsier than my 10K Carry-On.
It is very flimsy. After owning it 3 months I had to replace all the shackle bolts they were all worn through from having no bushings.
Mine is the 15k model.
It was ~7,200 in ‘21 I think it’s over 10k now …damn 2021 dollars
A good friend actually bought mine new for $8k. A week lateri priced one and it was $13k He used it for 3 months and got his property cleaned up, and didn't need it anymore. I paid it off( $5k) and gave him my well worn dump. Good deal for me.

The Honda scooter moped thing, what’s the story on it?

Back