Underground Air Line

BigBody79

Since my back yard is completely dug up. I’m going to replace my water line with pvc.
Id Like to run an air line from the shop to the house to have air for tires and what not. A lot of times it’s too wet to want to drive back to shop.

its not super far maybe 150ft

any good advice?

Do you have a way to drain the buried line of condensation below grade, and can keep it at constant slope with no belly to trap water? That would be the huge hurdle with a below-grade air line.

Maybe an inexpensive small-tank portable compressor (at the house) is a better choice if you're just topping off tires and stuff? I'd rather have a dry-ish source of tire air from a portable than from a 150ft buried line that's half full of water.

Last edited:
Sorry PVC was for water.
Looking for air line advice
Figured since I was digging a hole. I’d be the time to do it.
I believe the PEX recommendation was for water and air lines, PEX can freeze and flex a bit where PVC will split if frozen. PEX is much more forgiving, soft soil moves, rigid PVC doesn’t like this so much, even below frost line.

I'm with @Fabrik8 I'd just buy another cheap air compressor for secondary location. But if you really want to run it, like said, use pex and put in a nice line dryer on the end of the run.

You're going to spend as much for toob as a cheap compressor would be in the house. Plus that gives you a backup if the shop one fails.

Boy is this thread disapointing.
I was hoping it was about Bubba deciding to give the FAA one of these :flipoff:and start giving ride to his buddies on the down-low.

Back