*updated Windrock Southern Trailfest Pics

What trail is 42 and 43, with the creek crossing, then the up hill climb...

Been there many times, never crossed that one.

Waggy wrecked pulling the XJ on the dolly (see tow thread section)

Not sure about 42/43, there were some good size hill climbs on 21, 22, 23ish area?! The rocky field is Rattle rock....the windmill pictures are at the gate, and they have closed it off for ORVs including the hillclimbs right there, we were on the gravel road for the pictures.

Great trip!

I think we road, trail 2, then 16, and 3 on day 1. UPPER part of 3 is where it gets ugly, or you can take the bypass. I saw a tan BroncoII almost rollback down, would have "landed" on Larry Smith's rig!

Day 2, I think we started with 21 (or 23) right there at the main parking lot, LOTS of hill climbs and decents, then we took the route thru the creek crossing which you see. Then up to little mule (or something like that) and down /out by the bottom of Rattle rock.

I think Caver Daves buddy "Command Toad" was one of the trail leaders! (Saw the beat up mando, but didn't get a chance to talk with them)

Sam

I was in reference to pics 42 and 43, you took of the White XJ, What trail is that.

so you guys didnt do Rattlerock or Baby Rattlerock?

I don't see it on the map I am looking at, but we started off on Trail 23, which is basically a sharp left on a narrow bridge, 100 yards beyond the snack shack.

We came back into 21 and 22 and ended at 15 which was the bottom of Rattlerock. I wish they would NAME them or something, missed 1/2 the names of what trail we were on at times!

Just a FYI, the RAIL trail is brand new and is VERY VERY VERY VERY hard according to everyone that ran it. (Larry Smith may jump in here, said it is harder than Rattlerock, it is the MOST extreme trail offered at Windrock now!) They took a group of 6-7 of the biggest rigs there and EVERYone winched he said.

I know it connects back with Trail 3 at the coal pile (that is the end of the rail trail)...someone else would have to tell you have to find the beginning.

Sam

The new trail number is 39, with no name yet....

The report I got, was it swallowed one-ton Jeeps running 44's like dropping change out of your pocket on rattlerock. :smokin:

I was told unless you are a Comp guy or like running cable alot it isnt your leasure fun. :D

trails

The new Rail Trail is much more difficult than Rattlerock. I run 38's, the other 5 rigs were on 44's. We all winched at different times. Trail 39 is a moderate/hard trail, had no problems with it. The steps at the end of trail #3 gave me a fit, couldn't make the 38's step up, most of the guys on 44's were able to power over with a lot of difficulty.

SHINTON said:
I think Caver Daves buddy "Command Toad" was one of the trail leaders! (Saw the beat up mando, but didn't get a chance to talk with them)

Life has got to suck living 30 minutes from there? :rolleyes:
20 minutes to RoyalBlue...
Couple of hours to Tellico...
Couple of hours to Jellico...

Now I'm really depressed! :D

Caver Dave said:
Life has got to suck living 30 minutes from there? :rolleyes:
20 minutes to RoyalBlue...
Couple of hours to Tellico...
Couple of hours to Jellico...

Now I'm really depressed! :D
Not to mention having a whole yard full of replacement parts when he breaks... :D :flipoff2:

i just got back from windrock this weekend from a run with a lot of nissans, i had an excellent time, lots of fun besides all the rain we got on saturday and sunday.....

Back