USA6X6 "The Lies Continue"

northcott.ryan

How I have been treated at USA6X6,

Order placed mid January for custom rims and rockwell suspension parts and most importantly 2 of their "complete one ton brake assemblies". When speaking with Daniel in January I was told that everything was in stock, including the brake calipers and rotors, and the completed order would be ready in 6 - 8 weeks delivered at my door guaranteed!

Late February, the saga begins..... Order status: rims are ready but there is a problem with the sandblaster, according to Daniel, and they should be ready next week. Everything else is ready to ship, just waiting on a sandblaster...
sounds believable......and Daniel would never tell a lie...

Mid March, just called in for the tracking number for my order which should be done by now, I mean it can't 2 weeks to fix a sandblaster can it? So Daniel puts his "Wheel Guy" on the phone, who buy the way was very polite and straight shooting, and explains to me that he has orders from December which he hasn't started yet but is working round the clock to catch up on his orders. So my rims which were ready for sandblasting aren't even started yet... that's weird.. Daniel would never tell a lie, would he? Must have mistaken my order for another order in Calgary Alberta Canada... honest mistake... So I ask them to ship out the remainder of the order so I can keep going with my project and don't fall behind schedule.

Late March, I call in for the status of my shipment.. humm... somehow it was never shipped... Daniel told me that it was going to be shipped that day.... he would never lie to me, would he? I explain to them how important it is for me to adhere to my schedule and that he would have to overnight ship the parts to me for being 4 weeks late at this point and that I would willingly (like I have a choice at this point) accept another 2 week delay on the rims, which I was promised would be ready. The phone rings.. it's Daniel.. he's wondering how I am going to pay for the overnight shipping..... after explaining to him that he is already 4 weeks late and unable to do the custom rock rings I paid $180.00 for I thought it only fair that he pay the extra shipping.. while he is on the phone I ask "All the parts are shipped right? The rotors, the calipers, adapters, everything...." "Yup, and the rims will be ready right away..." Daniel wouldn't lie to me....

The next day, I am out to the shop to install the brake kits and mount the upper suspension kits I picked up from FedEx and finish the 4 link. I have $2500.00 in evolution heims and bungs, 100' of 2" XXS pipe 3 forklifts and an empty shop on a long weekend. Sounds too good to be true but with many phone calls and being organized I am able to utilize my time and a long weekend to finish the rolling chassis... I call out my friends, crack out the beer and lets hammer away the this truck while I only have 3 days with an empty shop....can't wait to install the brakes and top suspension plates... what the heck???? Where are the calipers.....???? where are the rotors......why do I have 2 different suspension plates....

Weekend shot... my buddies laughing hysterically at my expression when I opened the box only to find it full of lies and deceit... and can you believe he had the nerve to try and charge me the extra shipping when he knew most of it was missing??

Tuesday after the long weekend.... (remember that USA6X6 is not open on Monday) I call Daniel and ask "where are my calipers and rotors?" The response is priceless, "you never received them?" Daniel would never lie to me, would he? I am told that it was overlooked and that he will send them out right away....

A week goes by... I call USA6X6 out of morbid curiosity and really just wanted a good story. He explains to me that he ordered the calipers from wilwood and the rotors from speedway motors.. why didn't he order them in January if he knew they weren't in stock instead of waiting until April and only after the customer has called in wondering why he hasn't received them??? Daniel wouldn't lie to me, would he? So I call wilwood and speedway motors myself. Wilwood has zero stock of that caliper and speedway has nothing on file....that's bizzare cause Daniel told me he ordered them...

I get my cell phone bill from Telus Mobility.... $270.00 in long distance charges from Calgary to Oklahoma.....

So what the heck, I call USA6X6.... I get a story about how the calipers were ordered from Jegs ... and the rotors are on their way... I ask for a status of my rims and when my replacement suspension parts will be arriving.... rims will be "completed" April 15th. And the parts have shipped....Daniel wouldn't lie to me, would he?

Present day... I call for some tracking numbers... there was a problem with an email at Jegs so the calipers were never ordered...thats a surprise.. and the when I called FedEx about the tracking number that USA6X6 gave me I was told that USA6X6 only printed a shipping label but never actually shipped anything... Daniel would never lie to me, would he? Well apparently my order was stolen by the three little pigs this afternoon and that FedEx must have lost the package, but Daniel guaranteed me that his Private investigator at FedEx named "Rick" would be investigating the whereabouts of the three little pigs and my 50lbs of bearings and 3/8" plate... at this point I am very relieved that the three little pigs have my parts and not USA6X6 because I have a better chance of the three little pigs shipping my order to Canada. After speaking to the "wheel guy" I asked if my order was completed as to his estimate of April 15th (today's date). Well according to USA6X6 "completed" only means that the welding is done. I should have asked if they would have been "finished" April 15th.. I didn't realize that finished, done, complete, ready, etc all had different meanings... my mistake. So I asked that they be sandblasted and not painted because that would take another 4 weeks... then the sandblaster will be broken again and Mother Goose won't be able to fix it in time.. and then the Tooth Fairy won't have the powder coating done... and all the Kings horses and all the Kings men couldn't put Humpty together again...

So I opened a file with the Better Business bureau this evening and spoke with a very professional police officer at the Lawton Police Department regarding the whereabouts of my missing package and the three little pigs.. He informed me to open a case with the Calgary Police Department and to have them contact him. When I do that he told me he would then have the jurisdiction to do an investigation on the whereabouts of the missing parts... Daniel has yet to call me back with the status of his private detective's investigation.

As "small" as the off-road community is, and with Daniel's reputation, somebody please tell me why people continue going to him for stuff? There are other sources.

Don't take offense, but what were you thinking when you ordered from him? "Yeah, he's ripped off a few thousand people, but chances are I won't be one of them."???

As "small" as the off-road community is, and with Daniel's reputation, somebody please tell me why people continue going to him for stuff? There are other sources.

Don't take offense, but what were you thinking when you ordered from him? "Yeah, he's ripped off a few thousand people, but chances are I won't be one of them."???
No shit.....I read these post and can't help but think the same thing.

this almost sounded like someone was writing a child's story, cus you end it with the "he wouldnt lie to me, would he?" bit. pretty hilarious but that is pretty shitty on their end.

i just cant stop laughing. every time i read this i find something that i missed to first time :lol:

Yeah I hear it all the time, figure 6 months to get a complete order from them.

my buddies laughing hysterically at my expression when I opened the box only to find it full of lies and deceit...

I call BS on this.. USA 6x6 never ships ANYTHING in a box.. they just wrap everything in miles of shrink wrap.. :lol:

I only order from him when I absolutely, positively cannot find the stuff anywhere else. I did buy the same brake setup (no one else had a wheel brake setup for <20" wheels) but saved hundreds of $$ with a few google searches for the calipers, rotors, & pads.

Hope you're not running big tires with those wheel brakes, either.. you won't be happy.

i just cant stop laughing. every time i read this i find something that i missed to first time :lol:

yeah he almost had me crying i was laughing so hard at the way he was describing his misfortune,i've never had any dealings with them ,but after hearing what everybody on here,on pirate and friends have said ,they will never get thier chance to screw me

i thought the same thing.

shoulda googled his name. would have turned up quite a few pages.

x2 or is it 10 now?

Yeah I hear it all the time, figure 6 months to get a complete order from them.

And then from what I have heard, the quality is GRADE SHIT

I agree, kinda like ordering from Shaffers Offroad, someone else you people should know to stay away from:shaking:

The original poster is from Canada, just joined nc4x4 yesterday, and this is his only post. :bounce2:

I guess he's intent on spreading the "news". Heck, even my 2 yr olds know better than to order from this place. At least he did inject some funn-ay, at his own expense though.

He posted this on Pirate yesterday, copy pasted. If'n he ever visited pirate in the past 6 years and used the search before he bought he would never have had to post this. He just joined there as well. I think he impulse bought and wants to whine about it.

No $hit.

So you signed up to tell us something everyone should already know.

Kinda like when your selling a car, and someone wants to send you a check, for more than the price of the car, and have their "agent" pick it up.

when i order parts from USA6x6 they always come....but it normaly takes bout a month or so and he sends me extra stuff to make up for the time delay

well no wonder that guy was missing stuff from his order... you been getting all of it :lol:

Ive never heard of this place, but im glad now. Wow bud im glad you are able to laugh about it at least. How is this place still in business?

Hey everyone, I have never joined an online 4x4 forum before. I guess I am kinda outdated that way.. I posted my experience with USA6X6 for more or less a good laugh, at my expense I might add. About 5 years ago I ordered 2 detroit lockers, 2 pinion brakes and some miscellaneous parts from them and didn't have any trouble. This was prior to all the threads that were going around about how they treat there customers. I didn't do a recent search on them because I never had a problem with my last order, and as I mentioned before I have just started using the computer to search the internet. The internet is a great tool for information and I will search a company's profile before ever ordering anything again. As per the USA6X6 post, after being screwed around by these guys I searched for other complaints (which I realize I should have done earlier) and how they were resolved... well there weren't really any recent posts. The last post I found was from 2005, and USA6X6 has obviously had customers since then but no one has posted any complaints, so I felt that I would share my humorous, and ongoing experience with as many people as possible within the 4x4 community to inform people that their business practices haven't changed since then. Again, this was meant to be a humorous story about my recent experience with this company. I do not want to upset anyone that feels I posted this just to "bitch". It is only information for anyone searching for recent activity from USA6X6. For anyone that is interested with what has been going on this week please read on, By the way I have "copied / pasted" this part because it is posted on a couple other sites.

I actually received a package yesterday! FedEx "express" doesn't have tracking information for FedEx "ground". I just about crap my pants when I saw a FedEx slip on my door. Most of the parts were there, but as to be expected some were missing. Naturally they were the hardest parts to find, (hub seals...uhhhhh). As for the Private Detective, it was a very nice fellow who works at the Lawton FedEx. He contacted me and asked if I could fax him the packing slip from my package because he was unable to find any tracking info on his FedEx "ground" computer. I will fax it to him tomorrow. As for the calipers which were ordered from Wilwood directly, then Jegs.. twice.. I received an email from summitracing.com with the order status and tracking number for 4 calipers and 2 sets of brake pads. I noticed that they were ordered the day after I called the police and posted my little story on the USA6X6 website, which by the way was removed because Daniel felt that not everything I posted was accurate. I asked him which part? The three little pigs or the mother goose part, which were not meant to be taken literally. My rims are not ready and I asked that they be just sandblasted and I will paint them myself when they arrive in Calgary. I was promised they would be shipped Wednesday next week. I was promised that the missing seals would be shipped today via FedEx "Express".
I will keep you updated.
Thanks again for your support here. I will post pics of the build.
Ryan

Back