Uwharrie 2024 Update October 3-6

Chippy_777

Hey y'all,

I hope everyone is doing well after hurricane Helene hit a few days ago. I know a few members have had trees fall and damage houses or other property, and many are still without power. We've tried to rally locally in SC/NC to get fuel and generators to those who need it most. Thankfully it seems the majority of our members are in pretty good shape! šŸ˜ƒ

With our annual Uwharrie event coming up next week, I've had a lot of people asking if we're still planning on holding the event. We've been in contact with locals in Troy and the surrounding area, and they say that they weren't affected too badly by the hurricane, and all seems to be clear for the weekend.

Taking into account that many people have taken time off of work and scheduled vacation time around the event, we feel like it would be best to just keep the date the same. As such, we are planning to host the event as planned! ^_^

That being said, we have decided to ask for people to please donate to those who were less fortunate with the weather. We'll be collecting any food, water, or money people would like to donate and will be giving it to the proper state groups in NC/SC that have organized disaster relief for those affected. We will also be donating any funds we make from the event this weekend (including anything we make from raffle tickets) to those same relief organizations.

So, we look forward to seeing anyone who is in a position to come off-roading this weekend, but also please consider donating what you can to help those in need.

Stay safe out there!

Back