Uwharrie Gamelands?

dr_freeze

Resident of Planet Earth
I was looking over a few places to hunt turkey for the Spring season. I downloaded the State Gamelands .kmz file for Google Earth and realized that the entire trail area is in the Uwharrie Hunting Gamelands with the US Forest Service as the owner. Has anyone ever seen or had any experience with hunters while wheeling? Over at nchuntandfish.com, more than a few people talk about hunting Uwharrie - but I didn't know they were talking about the same land as the trail system.

Does anyone know more about this?

few years back we were wheeling Dutch John, a buddy of mine stepped off the trail to pee and there was a guy perched up on a rock in an orange hat, had his gun across his knees said he was waitin on a deer, also camping up there in the spring i have heard several close shots on saturday mornings, and a few gobbles,they used to print a gamelands book every year but i havnt seen one in a while, i bet they probly have some info at the outpost or on NCwildlife about the safety zones and whatnott

scared to death!!!!!

A couple years ago I saw a couple hunters standing outside there 90s model toyota camry they had driven a little ways down Rocky Mt Loop.

Back